Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Goals and Resolutions for 2014


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Goals and Resolutions for 2014~

1. Read 200+ books
I read exactly 200 last year and I want to at least match that in 2014.

2. Clear out TBR shelf by half
Always a goal and one I never reach, but I'm still determined to try.

3. Read Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series.
I have had this on my list of to-reads for years and I will get to it this year!

4. Use the library more
A way to keep the size of my TBR shelf down plus libraries are awesome.

5. Try more debut authors
I tend to stick to authors I know and I want to branch out more.

6. When in a reading rut, re-read rather than trying to push through it with other books.
Hoping to keep ruts down this year by re-reading my favorites.

7. Complete all reading challenges
I was careful about what challenges I signed up for this year so I can be more successful with them.

8. Don't go overboard with Netgalley/Edelweiss requests
I just get too excited when I see certain books that I overdo it sometimes.

9. Write a review for every book read
They won't all be on my blog, but there should be at least a few sentences on Goodreads.

10. Comment on other blogs more often
Another goal I always try to accomplish.  I did pretty good last year and hope to do even better in 2014.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome goals!
    I hope you complete every single one <3
    Good luck!
    Here's Our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many of those same goals! I really need to curb my NetGalley downloading because I'm lucky to read half the books. :( But I love rereading my favorite books when I'm in a rut. :)
    Good luck with your goals this year!
    My TTT: http://readthisinstead.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-2014-blogging-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with writing reviews for each book you read! I only reviewed about half the books I read last year and I really wish I had kept up with it! Great list! Hope 2014 is great for you :)
    New follower on BlogLovin :)

    Indigo
    my 2014 resolutions: http://adventuresinyafiction.blogspot.ca/2014/01/my-2014-reading-and-blogging.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-reading always helps me get out of a reading slump. I'll find a book that I love and is a major comfort read, and it's so relaxing. Also, I also definitely need to be very selective with which books I request from Netgalley and Edelweiss. Sometimes it's so easy to get carried away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list! good luck with all your resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I really want to complete all of my reading challenges this year, especially since I did so poorly on them last year. And I really like your idea about mini-reviews on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally with you on 2,4,9 and 10! Oh man! 200 books! Crazy! Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals, I can relate to many of them :) I was thinking of how many book I want to read this year but decided not to set a goal for this for the moment. 200 books sounds huge! I haven't joined any challenges yet but since I prefer than shorten than a whole year, I am sure I will get to participate in some :) Good luck on achieving your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TBR by half!! Wow, now that is a goal. And you are right libraries are awesome. Don't know what I'd do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on 200 books! I'm still struggling around the 125 mark, haha. I think I'm going to read a few more novellas this year just to give myself a bump >.> *cheating*

    YES! *locks you in a room with Kate Daniels* Even if the first one or two don't amaze you, keep going because they get better and better!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.