Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, January 9, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY--HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (8)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

The Proposition
THE PROPOSITION
by Judith Ivory

Published December 1, 1999

No man, gentleman or otherwise, has ever looked at Lady Edwina Bollash the way the brash, handsome man standing before her is doing now. Edwina has accepted the challenge to transform incorrigible Mick Tremore into a gentleman in just six weeks. And although the linguist is sure she can rise to the task, she isn't at all certain she won't swoon under his frankly sensuous gaze before her job is done.

Mick has lived outside of London society long enough to know that appearances can be deceiving. Edwina might look all buttoned up—the perfect English lady—but there is unleashed passion existing just below her placid facade (not to mention a great pair of legs!). And as she prepares him to take his place in society, Mick prepares Edwina to take her place in his heart...and in his bed.

***********************************
One of my favorite "classic" love stories is that of My Fair Lady/Pygmalion.  Ivory does a gender switch with the roles which is so much fun.  Mick is a fabulous hero who gives as good as he gets when it comes to witty banter with his 'tutor' Edwina.  I love an intelligent, proper heroine who is taught to let her hair down by the hero as well.  I read this years ago and I think I need to find a copy to re-read it soon.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer! I've never read Judith Ivory -- would this be a good book to start with?

    Great classic pick! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think so. It was my first Ivory book and is my favorite. I don't think she is writing anymore, but her backlist is pretty long and so good.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this one, but I should look into it. I'm soooo into historical fiction right now. I also love the Pygmalion/My Fair Lady story, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pick you have here. I do love this author. I love the gender switch themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo~ Judith Ivory. I have not picked up her books yet and this will have to be one on my list! I love propositions! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.