Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, January 30, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (11)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)

SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS
(Bedwyn Saga #6)
by Mary Balogh

Originally Published: January 2004

All of London is abuzz over the imminent arrival of Wulfric Bedwyn, the reclusive, cold-as-ice Duke of Bewcastle, at the most glittering social event of the season. Some whisper of a tragic love affair. Others say he is so aloof and passionless that not even the greatest beauty could capture his attention. But on this dazzling afternoon, one woman did catch the duke's eye, and she was the only female in the room who wasn't even trying. Christine Derrick is intrigued by the handsome duke, all the more so when he invites her to become his mistress.

What red-blooded woman wouldn't enjoy a tumble in the bedsheets with a consummate lover, with no strings and no questions asked. An infuriating lady with very definite views on men, morals, and marriage, Christine confounds Wulfric at every turn. Yet even as the lone wolf of the Bedwyn clan vows to seduce her any way he can, something strange and wonderful is happening. Now, for a man who thought he'd never lose his heart, nothing less than love will do.

With her trademark wit, riveting storytelling, and sizzling sexual sparks, Mary Balogh once again brings together two polar opposites: an irresistible, high-and-mighty aristocrat and the impulsive, pleasure-loving woman who shows him what true passion is all about. A man and a woman so wrong for each other, it can result only in the perfect match.


*******************
This is heavily influenced by my second favorite Austen book, Pride and Prejudice. In the final installment in her popular Bedwyn family saga, Mary Balogh gives her stoic, ever-proper Wulfric, Duke of Bewcastle, a wonderful love story. Throughout the series, readers have seen signs of Wulf's love for his family, but it is always in random glimpses. Slightly Dangerous shows Wulf meeting and falling head over heels for a woman (Christine) that he considers to be the exact opposite of what he needs in a wife. There is nothing better than watching a straight-laced gentleman become completely flustered when he falls in love.  While it is the conclusion of a series, I definitely think this book can be read as a stand-alone.

7 comments:

  1. Aww This book sounds fabulous!! I would rather start at the beginning and build my love for him first in anticipation for his story. But of course, I love it when I can read it as a stand alone too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the whole series in order because I'm obsessive compulsive that way, but I had a friend who just read Slightly Dangerous and she thought it worked well by itself. I just wanted to make sure people knew that you didn't have to read all the Bedwyn books though I highly recommend them. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I love the Bedwyns! I thought Wulfric was cute with his quizzing glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I never thought of a quizzing glass as being sexy, but Wulf definitely made it so!

      Delete
  3. Hehe, I'm liking the hero already. He sounds a bit different from other HR heroes and that's a point in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read this one, when I first starting reading romances, and have been meaning to get back to this series. I really enjoyed it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! You're featuring Mary Balogh also :D I really like this book and the Bedwyn Saga ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.