Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Saturday, January 18, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (23)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.


~BOUGHT~
Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5) The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5) The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
Among the Nameless Stars by Diana Peterfreund (YA science fiction)
A freebie novella that is the prequel to For Darkness Shows the Stars which is one of my favorite books.

The First Star to Fall by Diana Peterfreund (YA science fiction)
A freebie novella that is the prequel to Across a Star-Swept Sea which I loved and am reviewing tomorrow.

The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston (paranormal romance)
I enjoy Laurenston's dragon series (under the name G.A. Aiken) so I had to grab this shifter romance while it was on sale.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2) Dirty Deeds (Dirty Deeds, #1)
 When the Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffries (historical romance)
Love Jeffries's historicals and am super excited to get an e-ARC through Edelweiss.

Dirty Deeds by S.E. Jakes (male/male contemporary)
A spin-off of the Hell or High Water series featuring an undercover agent and the man tasked with ferreting him out.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these, but they all look great! I might have to add some to my TBR pile!

    Happy Reading!
    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choices. I'm only familiar with one of your books this week. Great haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The First Star to Fall, too! I'm so glad that you liked it. I might try to read it tonight. I just loved Across a Star-Swept Sea sooooooooo freaking much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so many good things about Diana Peterfreund. I hope you enjoy all of your books my dear! :)

    My Showcase Sunday :)
    My Current Giveaway: A book of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read For Darkness. I own it, but haven't read it yet. I need to get on that! Great haul and happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these. But the cover for Among the Nameless Stars is my favourite. I'm a big fan of that simplistic style. Happy reading! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice variety of books! I love Shelly Laurenston's funny shifter series. I have her dragon books on my Kindle but haven't read them yet. I also have For Darkness Shows the Stars on my TBR mountain but haven't read it either. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read For Darkness Shows the Stars, heard so many good things about it. So I guess I better read Among the Nameless Stars first. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Among the Nameless Stars sounds great :). Enjoy your lovely books!
    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I really, really need to get my hands on For Darkness Shows The Stars, have heard so many amazing things about those series. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.