Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, January 2, 2014

DECEMBER 2013 READS

I'm trying something new!  I used to do a weekly recap associated with my Stacking the Shelves post on Saturdays, but I've gotten bored with that format.  So I'm going to provide my readers with a list of all the books that I read during the month and provide a little insight into what I thought about each of them.  So here it goes!

My December 2013 Reads (in ratings order)

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
THE COUNTESS CONSPIRACY (BROTHERS SINISTER #3) BY COURTNEY MILAN
5 Stars
Adult, Historical Romance
[BLOG REVIEW]

Quickie Review: Impactful historical that focuses on the trials of a lady scientist and the man who has kept her secret for so many years.

Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
REAVER (DEMONICA #10/LORDS OF DELIVERANCE #5) BY LARISSA IONE
5 Stars
Adult, Paranormal Romance
[BLOG REVIEW COMING SOON]

Quickie Review: This is the long-awaited reunion between two of the series most fascinating characters that is full of action, passion, and, of course, Ione's expert world building.

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
NO GOOD DUKE GOES UNPUNISHED (RULES OF SCOUNDRELS #3) BY SARAH MACLEAN
4 Stars
Adult, Historical Romance
[BLOG REVIEW]

Quickie Review: MacLean provides readers with another charming romance that is full of well-developed characters and showcases the darker side of London society.

The Professional: Part 1
THE PROFESSIONAL: PART ONE (GAMEMAKER #1) BY KRESLEY COLE
3.5 Stars
Adult, Contemporary Erotica
[BLOG REVIEW]

Quickie Review: An intriguing beginning to Cole's first contemporary that introduces readers to two passionate characters whose sexual chemistry is off the roof though more character development is needed.

I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow, #2.6)
I'M DREAMING OF AN UNDEAD CHRISTMAS (HALF-MOON HOLLOW #2.5) BY MOLLY HARPER
3.5 Stars
Adult, Paranormal Romance
[BLOG REVIEW]

Quickie Review: Cute audio novella that shows how vampires celebrate the holidays especially in the months shortly after their turning.

The Fall of a Saint
THE FALL OF A SAINT BY CHRISTINE MERRILL
3 Stars
Adult, Historical Romance

Quickie Review: Decent writing, but a disturbing start and little development on that front took away most of my enjoyment with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.