Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Winter TBR List


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY WINTER TBR LIST~

Well, it is that time again!  Time to look back at my fall TBR list, freak out at how badly I failed at completing it, and creating a new list for the winter.  Here goes nothing!

~Already On My TBR Shelf~

Prodigy (Legend, #2)
1. Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu (YA dystopian)
This was on my fall TBR list and I am determined to read it this season so I can get the trilogy's conclusion.

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)
2. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles (YA contemporary)
Another book that was on my fall TBR list which I didn't get to.  I love the Fuentes brothers and I never want their stories to end.

Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
3. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (YA science fiction)
A science fiction retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel that has one of the most beautiful covers of the year.

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
4. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth (YA dystopian)
I love this series and am hesitant for it all to end.  I've heard mixed reactions from my fellow readers, but I am trying to avoid too much so I can make my own decision.

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
5. World After (Penryn and the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee (urban fantasy)
Just got this book a few weeks ago and can't wait to see what happens to Penryn and Rafe next.

~Not Yet Released~

Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
6. Reaver (Demonica #10) by Larissa Ione (paranormal romance)
It feels like I've been waiting for Reaver's story forever and now it is almost here!  Love a bad boy angel hero!

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
7. The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister #3) by Courtney Milan (historical romance)
One of my favorite historical writers who loves the push the envelope in both characters and plot.

Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)
8. Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction)
I adored Cinder and was blown away by Scarlet so I have high expectations for the next Lunar Chronicles book.  And early reviews indicate that it is just as amazing as its predecessors.

Up From the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
9. Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy)
Cat and Bones are my favorite couple and this is the final book in their series.

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
10. Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After #1) by Tessa Dare (historical romance)
Another favorite author who is starting a new series inspired by fairy tales.  Always a win in my book!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Romancing The Duke, and Up From The Grave will be a awesome one I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten back into the historical romance genre in a big way the last few weeks. I've read two Sarah MacLean (totally in love with her books) and I'm trying out an Eloisa James book right now. I really want to read something by Tessa Dare and Courtney Milan. I've read your reviews for Milan, and they seem fantastic. I requested Romancing the Duke from Edelweiss, and I hope I'm approved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading World After as I loved Angelfall and it's really good so far. I absolutely love The Lunar Chronicles and I can't wait for Cress! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so with you on the Jeaniene Frost one!!! I got to read Reaver this last week and it was really great. Now I'm dying for the next one. lol

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.