Hosted by Fiktshun.
DAY FIVE: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2014
1. Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy) *COMING JANUARY 28TH*
Conclusion of the Night Huntress series. I love half-vampire Cat and her bounty hunter husband Bones so I am both excited and sad to see how their story ends.
2. Cress by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction) *COMING FEBRUARY 4TH*
Continuation of the Lunar Chronicles. Meyer turns her expert retelling skills to the story of Rapunzel. I can't wait to see meet Cress and see more of Cinder, Scarlet, Wulf, Kai, and, of course, Ito.
3. Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep (YA paranormal) *COMING FEBRUARY 25TH*
Conclusion of the Mythos Academy series. Finally get to see Gwen and Loki face off for the last time!
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemporary) *COMING MARCH 13TH*
The long-awaited conclusion of Perkins's amazing trilogy. I love her writing style and am anxious to see all of her characters return to Paris.
5. Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins (YA paranormal) *COMING APRIL 29TH*
Conclusion of the Sweet trilogy. Anna is a wonderfully refreshing YA heroine and her life is about to get even more dangerous with the evil Dukes about to take over.
6. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (historical romance) *COMING JANUARY 28TH*
Start of a new series of fairy tale retellings by one of my favorite authors. I'm not sure who the hero is, but I'm intrigued by the heroine who is the daughter of a famous writer.
7. A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani (MG fantasy) *COMING APRIL 15TH*
Chainani's debut, The School for Good and Evil, was one of the greatest surprises for me this year so I am definitely looking forward to learning more about this world of fairy tales gone wrong.
8. The King by JR Ward (urban fantasy) *COMING APRIL 1ST*
Newest in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Beth and Wrath from Dark Lover take center stage once again.
9. Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead (YA paranormal) *COMING JULY 29TH*
Love this series and, with the way that The Fiery Heart ended, I am on pins and needles waiting to see what happens to Sydney, Adrian, Eddie, Jill, and everyone else next.
10. Ball & Chain by Abigail Roux (male/male contemporary) *COMING MARCH 17TH*
Continuation of the Cut & Run series. Ty and Zane are an amazing couple and the conclusion of their last adventure ended with quite a cliffhanger.
- Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Wicked Temptation (Nemesis Unlimited #3) by Zoe Archer
- Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties #1) by Jenn Bennett
- Vixen in Velvet (Dressmakers #3) by Loretta Chase
- Never Entice an Earl (One Scandalous Season #2) by Lily Dalton
- The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny #1) by Jeaniene Frost
- The Book of Life (All Souls #3) by Deborah Harkness
- Chained by Night (MoonBound #2) by Larissa Ione
- Three Weeks with Lady X (Desperate Duchesses #7) by Eloisa James
- Son of No One (Dark Hunters #23) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Brown-Eyed Girl (Travis #4) by Lisa Kleypas
- Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (Rules of Scoundrels #4) by Sarah MacLean
- Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry
- Forged by Desire (London Steampunk #4) by Bec McMaster
- The Mistress Rebellion (Brothers Sinister #4) by Courtney Milan
- Love Hacked (Knitting in the City #3) by Penny Reid
- Wallflower Gone Wild (Bad Boys and Wallflowers #2) by Maya Rodale
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Shield of Winter (Psy Changeling #13) by Nalini Singh