Thursday, December 5, 2013

THROWBACK THURSDAY--HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (5)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3)

BORN IN SIN
by Kinley MacGregor

Published: January 2003

Stunning Caledonia MacNeely fights an unfamiliar shiver when she is offered in marriage to the infamous 'Lord Sin'. Though Callie fears this mysterious knight – less for the dark whispers that damn him than for the burning desire he invokes – she is under order of the English King. And with the fate of her troubled clan hanging in the balance, she has little recourse.

Banished as a child, 'Sin' MacAllister learned to despise his Scottish heritage. Yet now, to unmask King Henry's foes, he must return to the hated Highlands - wedded to a bewitching lass whose flaming red hair matches the fire of her spirit. A cold, hard heart has always been the key to Sin's survival, but this beauty awakens in him a perilous need he's never known.

*****************
I love a good tortured hero in historical romance and Sin MacAllister is one of my favorites.  His childhood was heartbreaking to read, but it was wonderful to see him slowly learn to trust and love.  Callie is a great example of a fiesty Highlands heroine who really helped Sin grow.  Their romance is full of emotion and action that any historical romance lover would enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this book is one of my favorites, too. I really love the story about Sin and Callie. Also the MacAllisters were one of my first historicals when I started reading this genre a few years ago. Now I'm addicted. I think I'm going to reread it on the upcoming holidays even if my to be read pile is huge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Kinley MacGregor at all and know that she wrote paranormals. This looks very interesting -- I'm always a sucker for heroes named "Sin." ^_^

    Great pick for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really read a lot of Highlands stories in historical romances but this sounds great. :) I have to check this one out. Callie does sound like a feisty heroine. And I love both their names! :)

    Here's my TBT: HR edition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite books, this author always makes me smile!!! I do want to get back to reading her again.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.