Thursday, December 19, 2013

THROWBACK THURSDAY--HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (6)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Bride

HIGHLAND BRIDE
(Murray Family #6)
(MacEnroy Family #1)

Published: October 2002

Journey to the treacherous and tempestuous Highlands of fifteenth century Scotland in Hannah Howell's passionate tale of a feisty beauty determined to uncover the softer side of the iron-willed warrior who has wed her, bed her.and stolen her heart. 


Though she has yet to be courted by any man, spirited Gillyanne Murray decides the time has come to visit the dower lands gifted to her by her father's kinsmen. She arrives to find the small keep surrounded by three lairds, each one vying for her hand.and property. Though resolved to refuse them all, the threat of battle on her threshold forces her to boldly choose a suitor: Sir Connor MacEnroy, a handsome, daring knight of few words. 

As his wife, Gillyanne is stunned by his terse, cold distance-and her own yearning to feel passion in his arms. Now, bringing her healing touch to a land and a keep ravaged by treachery and secret enemies, she dares to reach out for the one thing she fears she may forever be denied.her husband's closely guarded heart. 

**************
I am a huge fan of Hannah Howell's Murray series.  There is a definite formula to them that is extremely obvious when doing a glom, but they are a great comfort read every once in awhile.  This is one of my favorites primarily because of the heroine.  Gillyanne is strong-willed without being reckless and truly wants to help out her new husband's family.  Connor is a pretty typical Howell hero with his gruff manner and untrusting nature, but his background helps explain all that.  Some of the best parts, for me, were the ones where Gillyanne interacted with the rest of the keep especially Connor's family.  The MacEnroys rival the Murrays when it comes to complicated, but enjoyable personalities especially young Fiona, the only daughter.  

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh Hannah Howell!!! And all those covers! I haven't read her when I have her locked in the back of my mind for years because of her Murry series! But I have reacquainted my memory once again with this and her If He's Tempted

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the three covers represent the period in which it was reprinted. I kinda like the original one.

    This sounds like a very interesting story! Does it read well as a stand-alone? Or do I need to start this series from book 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely could be read as a stand-alone. It was the first Hannah Howell book I read and I was hooked from then on!

      Delete
  3. This sounds interesting. I've never read anythingn by Hannah Howell. I really like heroines that are strong, but like you said, not reckless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read her books but I know of her. Definitely plan to check out her books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to give her full lengths a go. I've only read one novella so far and that was just recently. I'm so late to the game!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.