Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Bookish Things I'm Thankful For


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Bookish Things I'm Thankful For~


1. My public library -- I can't always afford the books I want and this place helps me fully stocked at all times.

2. Goodreads -- I know people are annoyed by all the changes they've been making, but I still rely heavily on it for the organization of my book lists.

3. Audible -- Audiobooks have really opened up my reading options since I am more willing to try something new in this format.

4. My e-reader -- I still love paper books more, but my e-reader has given me the opportunity to read whenever or wherever I want.

5. Harry Potter -- I loved to read before discovering these books, but these were the ones to make it become an obsession.

6. Paperback Swap  -- This used book swap website has helped me increase my holdings for over three years.  Plus it is a great way to find new homes for my used books.
 
7. Amazon Prime --  A great membership opportunity for me because of the free two-day shipping.  I got my money's worth just this month.
 
8. Bloglovin' -- I use this to read the blogs I follow and I love it especially the organization feature.
 
9. Netgalley  -- I am always so excited to be accepted for a review request.  This website also allows me to try lots of new books that I may not have read otherwise.
 
10. All of my fellow bloggers and book reviewers -- You all helped inspire me to try a blog of my own and you keep me interested even during a reading slump.  Plus you helped me find some amazing reads over the past few years!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I don't know how I managed to forget Goodreads (and NetGalley, and Calibre) but my TTT list looks pretty similar, at least to your top half.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list you have here!!! Goodreads is just awesome! I totally agree with you on the public library. The majority of what I read comes from there, so I would be broke if I didn't have it. LOL Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, yest to all of these. Especially libraries, goodreads, and book bloggers. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.