Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Covers That I Want To Redesign


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~COVERS THAT I WANT TO REDESIGN~


Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3)
1. Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh 
I love this book, but the cover just makes me mad.  I would love to have something that expresses the contrast between Brenna and Judd's personalities.  The later books in the series have gotten much better covers and I would love for this one to get redesigned like them.

See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
2. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Another fabulous book that deserves much better.  I'm not really sure what the lips have to do with the plot.  If I could redesign this one, I would love to see it with a sexy hockey player ala Jaci Burton's Play by Play series.


Outlander (Outlander, #1)
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
This is just so boring compared to the story within.  I'd love a cover with a beautiful picture of the Scottish countryside or anything more than just plain blue background.

Goddess of Yesterday
4. Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline B. Cooney
This cover kinda grosses me out because of the tentacle that the girl appears to be vomiting up.  The octopus scene is important, but I'm not sure it needed to be the focus of the entire cover.  I probably would do something that indicates the Trojan War aspect which isn't obvious here.

The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3)
5. The Taming of the Duke by Eloisa James
I could have put most of the historical romance covers on this list, but this is one that has always irritated me.  Rafe is a fabulous hero who deserves more than this half-naked image to represent him.  Also, what is with the phantom hands acting as suspenders? I'd love something similar to what Eloisa James got in her Fairy Tales series.  

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
6. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I love this series, but I was hesitant to start it and I think the cover had something to do with that.  The girl on the cover does nothing to grab my attention and it doesn't express that it is much more than a normal vampire YA story.

It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
7. It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
I hate this cover!  I see nothing that would have enticed me to pick it up if I had seen it at a store and knew nothing about it.  The necklace showcases a little bit of the football theme, but I want to see more of that or just a fabulous picture of Phoebe in her wonderful clothes.


Sweet Revenge (Nemesis, Unlimited, #1)
8. Sweet Revenge by Zoe Archer
Another historical romance cover that makes me mad.  I actually like the right side of the picture with the fog over the carriage and the tower, but the cover model just looks weird to me.  I wish that they had just gone completely with the mystery fog without the guy.

The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
9. The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker
I'm just not a frog person so I would rather the artists emphasize the princess aspect more than the animal part.  The story is fun and romantic and it would have been nice to show that with the cover.

Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
10. Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
All I think about when I see this cover is "where are your pants, girl?"  I get that you had a great time with your "smooth talking stranger", but this is a bit much.  I do like the font and the colors though...

5 comments:

  1. I love "The Frog Princess". Such a good story. Covers say a lot about a book. Nice list this week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like any of these covers either, except I don't mind the VA covers, but I'm probably biased because I love the books so much.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore the VA series, but the first book's cover is just not inspiring to me. They do get better and I am really enjoying the Bloodlines covers. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love your list. I feel the same way about Smooth Talking Stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.