Tuesday, November 19, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Would Recommend to My Hypothetical Children


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Books I Recommend To My Hypothetical Children~


I do not currently have children and they don't seem to be in the cards anytime in the near future.  But, I thought it would be fun to think about what types of books I would try to read/recommend to my kids...if I ever have them.

There's a Nightmare in My Closet
1. There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer -- My favorite picture book!

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Fudge, #1)
2. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume -- Love the crazy adventures of Peter and Fudge.
The Secret Garden
3. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett -- Just a classic.

Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2)
4. Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary -- Ramona never failed to make me laugh.

Out of My Mind
5. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper -- A thought-provoking look into the life of a girl with cerebral palsy.

Sideways Stories From Wayside School (Wayside School #1)
6. Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar -- Funny and over-the-top.

Matilda
7. Matilda by Roald Dahl -- Shows how strong kids can be if they believe in themselves.

Samantha: An American Girl (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)
8. Samantha: An American Girl by Susan S. Adler -- Began my obsession with history.

 The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)
9. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy -- Creative twist on classic fairy tales.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
10. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling -- Duh!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED Sideways Stories form Wayside School as a kid! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this list!! Brings back some good memories!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this but it gives me plenty of ideas for books to read to my daughter when I start teaching her English. She is just 1-year old and for now she "reads" the simplest picture books :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.