Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
~Books I Recommend To My Hypothetical Children~
I do not currently have children and they don't seem to be in the cards anytime in the near future. But, I thought it would be fun to think about what types of books I would try to read/recommend to my kids...if I ever have them.
1. There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer -- My favorite picture book!
2. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume -- Love the crazy adventures of Peter and Fudge.
3. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett -- Just a classic.
4. Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary -- Ramona never failed to make me laugh.
5. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper -- A thought-provoking look into the life of a girl with cerebral palsy.
6. Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar -- Funny and over-the-top.
7. Matilda by Roald Dahl -- Shows how strong kids can be if they believe in themselves.
8. Samantha: An American Girl by Susan S. Adler -- Began my obsession with history.
9. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy -- Creative twist on classic fairy tales.
10. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling -- Duh!