Thursday, November 14, 2013

THROWBACK THURSDAY: HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (2)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2) 
 
The Perfect Waltz by Anne Gracie
(Merridew Sisters #2)
Published: November 1, 2005

He came in search of a convenient bride...

London's Ball of the Season is hardly the milieu for society black sheep Sebastian Reyne. But his younger sisters are in desperate need of care, and Sebastian is seeking a practical, down-to-earth wife. What he doesn't need is an effervescent sprite like Hope Merridew, a dazzling beauty and the darling of the ton.

...And found love instead.

Who was that mysterious man who devoured Hope Merridew with his eyes? Rumored to be dangerous, and with a mysterious family heritage, the secretive Sebastian proves absolutely seductive to such an impetuous young lady. But was he really the one to make her dream of dancing the perfect waltz with the perfect man come true? Who'd imagine that one dance could ignite a passion so strong that it would seduce all into a delicious intrigue of sensuality and desire? 


~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't read too many of Anne Gracie's books, but this one is always at the top for me in historical romance.  I love the twist on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale with some hefty social commentary mixed in there.  Sebastian is one of the most well-developed romance heroes I've read and Hope is so much more than a pretty face.  Plus it has one of my favorite secondary romances ever!  It is the second in the series about the Merridew sisters, but I think it can be read as a stand-alone.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is one of my favorite Anne Gracie novels. I've actually only read 4 of hers, and this is one of them. :)

    Loved The Autumn Bride btw, so am very much looking forward to the other Chance sister books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to start the Chance series since I've heard good things. I'll move it up the queue!

      Delete
  2. Nice pick for the week! I haven't read this one, but I have read a few of this authors other books. I do love the Beauty and Beast themes, they are my favorite types of romances to read. Going to get this one read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for Beauty and the Beast retellings as well. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I seriously can't believe that I have never heard of or read this book. I am so glad I stumbled across this site- I have been blog hopping around trying to find a good book to read. I just finished a great historical romance, "A Thousand Years of Johnny Von" by Edith M. Cortese. http://www.trumpetboypress.com/The Historical love stories are weaved with the main character's present day experiences. I was so sad that the book didn't go on forever. However, now there is hope! I am going to the library today to see if I can find "The Perfect Waltz." Thanks for putting it on your throwback Thursday list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it, Ashley. Thank you for telling us about A Thousand Years of Johnny Von. What a cool title!

      Delete
  4. Oh I haven't read Anne's older books but I am reading her new series, starting with Autumn Bride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A re-telling of beauty and the beast? Count me in. :) I think I've read one or two of her books but haven't really gotten the sense of her style yet and this book sounds amazing I'll give Anne Gracie another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Merridew series is the only one I've read and I liked them all, some more than others. I tried her Devil Riders books, but couldn't get into them. I'm planning on trying her most recent series soon. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. She's a favorite of one of my book buddies but I've never picked up any of her books -- will put this on my TBR. Great pick! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulous!! I re-read it almost every year. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.