Saturday, November 16, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES (15) and WEEKLY RECAP

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.


~BOUGHT~
Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1) 
Shock & Awe by Abigail Roux (m/m romantic suspense) -- A spin-off of Roux's fabulous Cut & Run series.

The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (YA paranormal/fantasy) -- I have enjoyed some of Thomas's historical romances and her YA debut intrigues me.  Plus I got it on sale!

Promise Me Heaven
Promise Me Heaven by Connie Brockway (historical romance) -- Love this author and have never read this book.

God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)
God Save the Queen by Kate Locke (steampunk romance) -- I got this through a Kindle Daily Deal and am obsessed with the cover.

The Defiant Governess
The Defiant Governess by Andrea Pickens (historical romance) -- I remember reading a Pickens Regency years ago so I thought I'd give this one a try.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
The Rogue's Proposal by Jennifer Haymore (historical romance) -- I still need the read the first in this series, but the whole concept intrigues me.

*****************************

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn -- Very cute! I loved Hugh and thought his situation was handled wonderfully. I did not care much for Lady Sarah at the beginning, but she grew on me. The ending felt a bit abrupt and I thought the villain was over-the-top.  Review coming soon.

CURRENTLY READING


My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk #3) by Bec McMaster (steampunk romance) 

Winter's Heat (Nemesis Unlimited #2) by Zoe Archer (historical romance)

The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice #1) by John Flanagan (YA fantasy)


COMING TO THE BLOG NEXT WEEK

Reviews
4.5 Stars -- "Crash Into You" by Katie McGarry
4 Stars -- "The Sum of All Kisses" by Julia Quinn

Features
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Recommend to "X" Person
Follow Friday: #FF Tag

10 comments:

  1. I have The Burning Sky as an egalley, but still need to read it. Looks like you picked up plenty to read! Here's my STS.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Save The Queen is awesome. I really like Kate's books. Kate Locke also writes YA under the name Kady Cross, she use to write historical romance under Katherine Smith. So she is the Kate of many names. Burning Sky wasn't for me, but maybe you will enjoy it. I hope you love all your new books. Going to be reading Crash Into You as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, Jennifer! I hope you'll enjoy all of these books once you get to them.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cover of God Save the Queen.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul of books! I just got Long Live The Queen, the last book in the series by Kate Locke and can't wait to read it :) Enjoy your new books and happy reading!

    Here's my Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to pick up The Burning Sky, but haven't gotten around to it yet, hope you enjoy it & the rest! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all your new reads, I've heard good things about Kate Locke's books! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read "the Burning Sky" but I haven't had time. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Burning Sky! <3<3<3
    Hopefully you'll LOVE that one; the romance is epic! :D
    (You can probably tell how much I like it. :P)
    Enjoy all your lovely books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.