Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (73)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 


Rebel Belle

REBEL BELLE
by Rachel Hawkins

Expected Publication: April 8, 2014
Young Adult -- Paranormal/Fantasy 

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.


WHY I'M WAITING: I love Rachel Hawkins's Hex Hall series so I am pumped to see what she does next.  I almost always enjoy books with heroines who go beyond their own self-perception and it sounds like that is exactly what happens to Harper.

*********************************

Landline 

LANDLINE
by Rainbow Rowell

Expected Publication: July 2014
Adult -- Contemporary Romance

Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply — but that almost seems besides the point now.

Maybe that was always besides the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her — Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?  Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?


WHY I'M WAITING: I probably wouldn't be interested in this book if it didn't have Rainbow Rowell's name attached.  But, I absolutely adored her YA romance (Fangirl) and heard so many good things about her other books that I am willing to try anything she writes.



 

5 comments:

  1. Landline, yes please! Great picks

    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound good. Love your picks
    Nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I hope you'll like them.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I would be interested in Landline either, if it wasn't Rainbow Rowell. But I have loved all of her other books. I have Rebel Belle from Edelweiss, but I haven't started it yet. I haven't read anything by her before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of either of these. Landline sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.