Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Best Series Enders


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Best Series Enders~

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by JK Rowling [MG fantasy]
This was easily my first thought when I saw this topic.  For such a successful series to have an equally successful finale is so impressive to me with the way that she wrapped everything up.

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
2. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead [YA paranormal]
Wonderful ending to an amazing series!  I loved all the action and political intrigue that helps defines the Vampire Academy world.  It was also great to see Dimitri and Rose finally get some resolution to their love story.

Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
3. Shadowfever (Fever #5) by Karen Marie Moning [urban fantasy]
I was lucky enough to start this series a few weeks before the release of this book so I was able to read them all in quick succession.  I couldn't imagine having to wait between the end of Dreamfever and this one.

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
4. Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson #4) by Molly Harper [paranormal romance]
One of my favorite authors to read right now!  This series grabbed my attention from the very beginning and I thought its conclusion was hilarious and heartwarming. [MY REVIEW]

Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)
5. Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Family #6) by Mary Balogh [historical romance] 
Throughout this series, readers have seen signs of Wulfric Bedwyn, Duke of Bewcastle's love for his family, but it is always in random glimpses. The finale shows Wulf meeting and falling head over heels for a woman that he considers to be the exact opposite of what he needs in a wife.

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
6. The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa [YA fantasy]
This world continues in the Call of the Forgotten spin-off series, but The Iron Knight provides an action-filled and romantic conclusion to Ash and Meghan's story.  Plus the fact that it is told in Ash's point of view makes it on my list easily. [MY REVIEW]

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
7. Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins [YA dystopian]
While I thought this was the weakest of the trilogy, I still enjoyed it.  It wasn't the super happy ending that I wanted deep in my heart, but I think it worked for the story that Collins was trying to tell.

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
8. Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove #4) by Tessa Dare [historical romance]
The conclusion to an amazing series that got 5 stars from me for every installment.  I love across-the-tracks love stories and this one (which involves a barmaid and a duke) seemed designed just for me.  [MY REVIEW]

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
9. Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis [YA science fiction]
I loved almost everything about this sci-fi romance set on a spaceship bound for an Earth-like planet.  The finale was a true epic and took so many twists and turns that I read it in one night.  And I usually don't like science fiction! [MY REVIEW]

Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
10. Sin Undone (Demonica #5) by Larissa Ione [paranormal romance]
This is another example of a series that has moved towards a spin-off so this one has technically ended.  I love Ione's Seminus demons and the story of the first female Seminus was just so intriguing.  Plus it sets everything up for her Lords of Deliverance series perfectly!

5 comments:

  1. I put Mockingjay, somewhere in-between best and worst. It was just okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of Earth! Slightly Dangerous! Iron Knight! G'ah!! So many good books. Now I need to read the other books you have here which are sitting on my shelves, lonely and unread...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, the only book I've raed on your list is Harry Potter, but I definitely agree. It's at the top of my list, too. I loved the ending to this series, and I really can't imagine it any other way. And I totally loved the epilogue. I don't really get why people don't like it. I don't find it cheesy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I have Mockingjay on mine too. I've not read any of the other series you have listed other than Harry Potter (which I included too).

    My Friends Are Fiction's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the first post I share Shadowfever with. Hi5!

    My Best & Worst

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.