Saturday, October 19, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES (12) and WEEKLY RECAP

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.


~BOUGHT~
Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6) Emma
Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt (historical romance) -- I love almost everything that Hoyt writes!

Emma by Jane Austen (classic fiction) -- I read this quite a few years ago, but want to listen to it in audio format.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
Spellbound by Rachel Hawkins (YA paranormal) -- I need to finish this trilogy!

Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles (YA contemporary) -- Love Elkeles work and I am super excited to try this romance with a female football player.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
Bad Idea Three Broken Promises (Drew + Fable, #3)
Bad Idea by Damon Suede (M/M contemporary) -- I read Suede's Hot Head last year and loved it so I'm eager to read more of his work.

Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy (NA contemporary) -- The first in this series, One Week Girlfriend, is so good that I am ready to get caught up.

*****************************

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

Love Lessons Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #2) After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)

Love Lessons by Heidi Cullinan -- One of my favorite M/M authors with an adorable new story about a college freshman and the campus Casanova.  My review can be found at the link above.

Rhythm and Bluegrass by Molly Harper -- This is a continuation of the Bluegrass series though it can be read as a stand-alone.  A very cute contemporary romance that provides a fun twist on the sometimes tired small town setting.  Review coming soon.

After the Fall by L.A. Witt -- Another book from the Tucker Springs universe which is so much fun to read about.  I loved both characters and all the little cameos from other Tucker Springs couples.

CURRENTLY READING


Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt (historical romance)
The Untamed MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (historical romance)
Emma by Jane Austen (classic fiction)


COMING TO THE BLOG NEXT WEEK

Reviews
4 Stars -- "Rhythm and Bluegrass" by Molly Harper


Features
Top Ten Tuesday: Unusual Character Names
Follow Friday: Bookagram

6 comments:

  1. I loved Hex Hall but have still yet to even pick up Demonglass. Eventually though, I will finish the trilogy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have three broken promises! i'm envious. i recently binge read one week girlfriend and second chance boyfriend and both were so good! i'm dying to read TBP. awesome book haul!! happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS/Sunday Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Wildcards this week and I think it's more amazing than Simone's previous works. I hope you enjoy it as much (if not more) than I do. Happy reading!

    My STS

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really good books here - I want to re-read Emma without having to study it aha. Hopefully to enjoy it as just a book and not a text :).
    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous you have Duke of Midnight, I am waiting for it to become available at my library. Let me know how Rhythm and Bluegrass is, I have been itching to try out Molly Harper!! Hope you are well and miss ya and can't wait to talk books with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished listening to Emma, and I quite liked it. I'm so glad that I finally read another Austen book. I can't wait to hear what you think of the audio.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.