Saturday, October 12, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES (11) and WEEKLY RECAP

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.


~BOUGHT~

Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #2) The Last Hour of Gann In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) The Untamed Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #5.5) Love Lessons

Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass #2) by Molly Harper (contemporary romance) -- Love Molly Harper and am excited to see her continuing the Bluegrass series.  I bought the audio version.

The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith (science fiction romance) -- First impulse buy in a long time!  I was hanging out last night and saw so many people talking about this that I had to try it.  Apparently, it is long, dark, original, and absolutely amazing!!

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #1) by Maya Banks (historical romance) -- I read this fabulous Scottish romance awhile ago, but couldn't resist the $1.99 deal.

The Untamed MacKenzie (Highland Pleasures #5.5) by Jennifer Ashley (historical romance) -- I've been anxious to read Inspector Fellows's story since we met him and I hope I'm not disappointed.

Love Lessons by Heidi Cullinan (male/male contemporary) -- Cullinan is one of my auto-buy M/M authors and the concept of this one really intrigues me (virgin meets Casanova).

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3) All In with the Duke (Gambling on Love, #1)

Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry (YA contemporary) -- So excited for Isaiah to get his story!  Received from Netgalley.

All In With the Duke (Gambling on Love #1) by Ava March (male/male historical) -- Love March's romances and this across-the-social classes one sounds awesome!  Received from Netgalley.

*****************************

~THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS~

~MY READING UPDATE~

Work was really crazy this week so I didn't get much reading done.  I would basically come home, eat dinner, and then fall into bed.   But, I did manage to finish one book (and one series) this week.  Moving forward with my Project TBR challenge and the Seriously Series Challenge!

Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #3) by Maya Banks (historical romance) -- Definitely my favorite of the trilogy!  The heroine is pretty kick-ass and the hero is gruff, but sweet.  Great ending to a great series!

~CURRENTLY READING~


Demon Angel (The Guardians, #1) The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #2)

Demon Angel (Guardians #1) by Meljean Brook (paranormal romance)
The Thief (The Queen's Thief #1) by Megan Whalen Turner (YA fantasy)
Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass #2) by Molly Harper (contemporary romance)


~COMING TO THE BLOG NEXT WEEK~

Reviews
"Styxx" by Sherrilyn Kenyon (paranormal romance)
McCabe Trilogy by Maya Banks (historical romance)

Features
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was "Forced" to Read
Follow Friday: Favorite Magazines

11 comments:

  1. I also picked up "In Bed with a Highlander" even though I read it. I just love Maya Banks sales. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of books! I have Crash Into You too and I cannot wait to read it.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stack of books I see in your pile this week. I hope you love your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Crash Into You! I'm so excited to read that. I have it from Netgalley as well, but I'm holding off a bit until I have some time to devote to it. Because I know once I start, I'm not going to want to stop until it's finished.

    Anyway, enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with these titles except Crash Into You though I haven't read the first two books. Have fun reading your new books!

    Here's my STS post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Haul! I love Molly Harper but I haven't read this series yet. Is the narrator Amanda Ronconi? She's the narrator for the Harper books I've read and I love her! Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda Ronconi does do the Bluegrass series. I think she does most of Harper's books in audio. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, The Highlander books look good. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about Crash into You and that series, but haven't read them yet. Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bunch of books! I liked The Thief and have Crash Into You on my Review stack. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely haul! I also have Crash Into You waiting to be read. Enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.