Saturday, October 5, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES (10) and WEEKLY RECAP

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.





~BOUGHT~
Demon Angel (Guardians #1) by Meljean Brook (paranormal romance) -- I've wanted to start this series forever!  And now that it is complete, I finally got a copy of the first book and will be giving it a try soon.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Antigoddess (Goddess Wars #1) by Kendare Blake (YA paranormal) -- I haven't read Blake's Anna Dressed in Blood (though I own it), but I've heard great things about her writing style.  When I saw this on a library display, I couldn't pass it up!
 
*****************************

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

Styxx (Dark Hunters #23) by Sherrilyn Kenyon -- Took me awhile to get through this one (800+ pages!), but I did like it.  I liked the way that Sherrilyn Kenyon showed the other side of Acheron and Styxx's story. My biggest issue was that it was just too long and it seemed like every bad thing that could possibly happen to Styxx did. While I'm all for tortured heroes, it started to feel overdone by the end.  Full review coming soon.

Pleasures of Somerville Park (Somerville Park #1.5) by Ava March -- I read the prequel to this over a year ago when I first discovered Ava March and it continues to be one of my favorite M/M romances. So I was really excited to see Arsen and Henry's story continue even in a little snippet like this. I love when authors take familiar tropes and give them a nice twist which is what March does with this duo. Plus plenty of hot love scenes as expected from Ava March!

Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #4) by Anne Tenino -- Cute little novella with the original couple from the Theta Alpha Gamma series. I continue to adore Brad and his genuine personality. While I do still like Sebastian, I did find myself a bit irritated with him at the beginning of this story. Brad seems like such a great guy and I thought he deserved more from Sebastian. That being said, I thought the ending was extremely sweet and satisfied any qualms I previously had. Full review coming soon.

CURRENTLY READING

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) by Darynda Jones (urban fantasy) -- I am loving this sequel to First Grave on the Right especially because there is more Reyes!

Aftermath by Cara Dee (male/male contemporary) -- I found out about this book from Mandi at Smexybooks and think the whole kidnapping/recovery plot sounds intriguing.

10 comments:

  1. AntiGoddess was good. I liked it. You got some very interesting books this week. Come check out my haul as well this week. Come visit me too.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Antigoddess. I'm not sure if it's something I want to read, but I hope you like it, as well as Demon Angel. Enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very tempted by Anti-Goddess, have seen it at work and may have to pick it up.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul!! Antigoddess looks so good! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
    Old Follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great books there - I have to read Antigoddes.

    Happy reading.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to me but sounds interesting. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-57-lair-dark-witch.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really interested in Antigoddess. I own and have read the Anna books by Blake, and I enjoyed them. I hope you'll like her books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read Antigoddess. I hope it's as good as it sounds! Enjoy it :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of that books yet, enjoy reading
    hope you can visit my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.