Sunday, September 8, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP: September 1-7, 2013


THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)

Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death by Kim Knox (male/male science fiction) -- Fascinating concept and pretty good execution. I found myself confused about what was going on at times, but I think that was by design. Mason and Frost are very intriguing characters and I am definitely eager to see them get to know each other on a more...intimate level.

Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks (historical romance) --Another McCabe brother, another great Highlands romance! Alaric was a wonderful hero and his loyalty to his clan was very admirable. He did annoy me a bit by cutting it might close near the end, but definitely made up for it. Keeley was fabulous! Her life has pretty much sucked yet she isn't bitter or uncaring. I'm always fascinated by Medieval-era healers so I loved this part of her character. Plus it was great to revisit the McCabe clan especially grumpy brother Caelan, loyal Gannon, and, of course, Ewan and Mairin from the first book. Definitely excited to read Caelan's book now!

The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter (paranormal romance) -- I started this one and was really excited because I love this series.  But, I was having a hard time concentrating and I'm not sure if it is the book or my mood while reading.  So I put it aside for a few weeks and will give it another try soon.

CURRENTLY READING

Origin (Lux, #4) The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout (YA science fiction)
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani (YA paranormal/fantasy)
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper (paranormal romance)

COMING NEXT WEEK

Review: "Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death" by Kim Knox
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Should be Movies/TV Shows
Follow Friday: Kickstarter Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.