Tuesday, September 3, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Modern Books Paired with Required Reading Books


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

MODERN BOOKS PAIRED WITH REQUIRED READING BOOKS


To Kill a Mockingbird A Time to Kill

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee -- A Time to Kill by John Grisham

The Diary of a Young Girl The Book Thief
2. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank -- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Lord of the Flies Beauty Queens
3. Lord of the Flies by William Golding -- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

The Scarlet Letter Speak
4. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne -- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

The Prince and the Pauper The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)
5. The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain -- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Pride and Prejudice Keeping the Castle
6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen -- Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl

Fahrenheit 451 Article 5 (Article 5, #1)
7. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury -- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Oliver Twist Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
8. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens -- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

The Outsiders The Perks of Being a Wallflower
9. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton -- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1)
10. The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle -- Deadly Cool by Gemma Holliday

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love Speak paired with The Scarlet Letter. And although I haven't read keeping the Castle yet, I think I could see that paried with P&P.

    I found this topic soooo difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't participate this week but I love your list. There are some interesting titles I need to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You did really well with this topic! I just totally spaced out when thinking of it and decided to go another route...

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.