Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Fall 2013 TBR List


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

BOOKS ON MY FALL TBR LIST

 
Already On My TBR Shelf


1. Styxx (Dark Hunters #23) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (paranormal romance) -- Heard great things about this one and can't wait to try it!

2. Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu (YA dystopian) -- The conclusion to the trilogy is coming out in November so I need to catch up.

3. Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #3) by Maya Banks (historical romance) -- Almost done with this trilogy!

4. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles (YA contemporary) -- I keep putting this book off because I don't want it to end, but I think I'm ready to read it soon.

5. Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga #1) by Colleen Houck (YA fantasy) -- I just bought this a few weeks ago and am really intrigued by it.


To Be Released in the Fall

Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6) World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)

6. Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane #6) by Elizabeth Hoyt (historical romance) -- One of my favorite series!

7. World After (Penryn and the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee (urban fantasy) -- It seems like I've been waiting forever for this sequel to Angelfall and it is almost here!

8. The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead (YA paranormal) -- Adrian's POV?  I'm sold!

9. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth (YA dystopian) -- I read Insurgent over the summer and am anticipating the fates of Tris and Four.

10. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund (YA dystopian/science fiction) -- I adored Peterfreund's other sci-fi retelling (For Darkness Shows the Stars) and am ready to see her take on the Scarlet Pimpernel.

5 comments:

  1. I already recommended Prodigy to you and I will be looking to your review of it :) I also have Allegiant on my list and I am really excited about it. I have had Angelfall on my TBR list forever and I need to read it soon, furthermore now that its sequel is coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I liked Prodigy better than Legend. It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really curious about Across the Star-Swept Sea. Sci-fi and dystopian really aren't genre's aren't my favorite - but THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL!!!!! Plus everyone says Darkness is so good. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Darkness Shows the Stars really surprised me last year with its sci-fi take on my favorite Jane Austen, Persuasion. The writing was beautiful and it was such a great homage to the original without being a word-by-word remake. I'm not the biggest sci-fi fan either (though you know how I love Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles), but Peterfreund doesn't go overboard with the science/alien talk.

      Delete
  4. I really need to get caught up on the Sherrilyn Kenyon books. I think I read the first nine. Happy reading.

    Tsuki’s TTT

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.