Tuesday, September 10, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I'd Love To See As A Movie or TV Show


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

BOOKS I'D LOVE TO SEE AS A MOVIE OR TV SHOW


TV Shows
 
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1)

1. In Death series by JD Robb (romantic suspense)
What It Is About: A female homicide detective and a billionaire who loves to get involved in her cases...all in New York City, 2058.
Why It Would Work: plenty of stories to choose from, fantastic characters (major and minor), entertaining romance
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Rizzoli & Isles, Law & Order, NCIS

2. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy)
What It Is About: A half-vampire, half-human meets up with a bounty hunter to learn how to handle her supernatural DNA.
Why It Would Work: tons of action, intriguing supernatural mythology, a spicy hot main couple
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time

3. Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (contemporary romance)
What It Is About: A fictional NFL team with a female owner and plenty of spoiled rich players.
Why It Would Work: funny as hell, strong female characters, sports action/drama
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Necessary Roughness, The Good Wife, The Mindy Project

4. Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper (paranormal romance)
What It Is About: A fired children's librarian is turned into a vampire and must deal with her new undead status.
Why It Would Work: narrator is very sarcastic, hilarious situations, great side characters, small town setting
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Gilmore Girls, Vampire Diaries, Charmed

5. The Agency series by Y.S. Lee (YA historical fiction)
What It Is About: A young female thief saved from the gallows and turned into a Victorian-era spy.
Why It Would Work: great female role model, historical setting, drama, mystery
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of The Tudors, Veronica Mars, Sherlock Holmes

Movies

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) Darkfever (Fever, #1) Bet Me Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) Number the Stars
6. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta (YA fantasy)
What It Is About: Tales of a kingdom full of magic, political intrigue, and blood feuds.
Why It Would Work: drama, mystical mysteries, grand battles, politics
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter

7. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (urban fantasy)
What It Is About: A young woman ventures to Dublin to learn the truth about her sister's murder and ends up caught in an age-old faery war.
Why It Would Work: great character journey, supernatural horror, complicated world building, mysterious hero
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Interview with a Vampire, Gremlins, Practical Magic, Labyrinth

8. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (contemporary romance)
What It Is About: An actuary and a businessman go on a date for a bet, but end up falling in love.
Why It Would Work: funny but not cheesy, intelligent heroine, grown-up issues
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Bridesmaids, Miss Congeniality, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days

9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction)
What It Is About: A retelling of Cinderella with the heroine as a cyborg and dealing with a major threat from a kingdom on the moon.
Why It Would Work: fairy tale with a twist, machines, fabulously evil villain, relatable heroine
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of The Fifth Element, Star Wars, Sailor Moon

10. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (MG historical fiction)
What It Is About: A Danish girl tries to help her Jewish friend escape from the Nazis.
Why It Would Work: female friendship, historical setting, based on true events
Who It Would Appeal To: fans of Schindler's List, American Girl, Newsies, Diary of Anne Frank

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Agency Series yet... but I imagine they would make a GREAT tv series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder made my list, too. I think the entire series would make a great group of films. And nice choice - the Jane Jameson series. She has such a funny voice that this would make a fantastic TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list, I have Lumatere Chronicles and the Fever series on mine, as well :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fever is being developed into a movie now so we don't have to wait much longer.

    New follower
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learned about that and I am so excited! I just hope they don't ruin it...

      Delete
  5. I recently picked up Cinder. I've always found fairytale retellings interesting and I like the idea of a Cinderella cyborg. The premise seems like it would be a good movie too.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, so much to Cinder. It's on my TTT, too. I haven't read The Agency books, but I've heard they're really good. I know what the basic story is about, and I think it would make for a fantastic TV show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to Cinder! And while I wasn't thrilled with the Agency books (for some reason, the writing fell flat for me at times), the stories themselves were interesting and might make a good TV series.

    Here's my TTT list for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Number the Stars is such a great choice! Nice thinking. :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list. I love Cinder as well and I liked how you wrote about fans of other series enjoying the book adaptions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, yes yes yes to Halfway to the Grave! I'll LOVE to see Cat and Bones on screen. The Fever series would be awesome too. :D
    Great list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read a single one of the books you mentioned but they're all on my tbr pile. Great list!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.