Saturday, September 28, 2013

STACKING THE SHELVES (9) and WEEKLY RECAP

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.



~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) by Darynda Jones [urban fantasy] -- I read the first in the series last week and found it a hilarious look at a female Grim Reaper.  Can't wait to catch up!

The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1) by Stacey Kay [YA science fiction] --  I loved Stacey Kay's The Ghost and the Goth trilogy and, when I saw this on the shelf at my library, I knew I had to get it.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
Friends Without Benefits: An Unrequited Romance (Knitting in the City, #2) The Seduction of Lady Phoebe (The Marriage Game, #1)

Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City #2) by Penny Reid [contemporary romance] -- One of my favorite books from earlier this year was Reid's debut, Neanderthal Seeks Human.  So I was ecstatic to get an e-ARC of the sequel from the author.  I recently finished it and it was just so cute!

The Seduction of Lady Phoebe (The Marriage Game #1) by Ella Quinn [historical romance] -- I've seen good things about Ella Quinn's writing and I'm always excited to try new historical writers.

*******************

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS
MY READING UPDATE

Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid [contemporary romance] -- Super cute sequel to one of my favorite reads earlier this year (Neanderthal Seeks Human).  Review coming soon.

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones [urban fantasy] -- This was just a fun read!  I loved all the characters especially Charley and the mysterious Reyes.  Review coming soon.

Entangled by Lex Valentine [male/male contemporary] -- Had a great premise, but not enough length to fully develop the characters and the romance.  Too much telling rather than showing.

CURRENTLY READING


Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon [paranormal romance] -- The most recent Dark Hunters book which I really enjoying, but it will take some time to get through it.

Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost [urban fantasy] -- I re-read Halfway to the Grave yesterday and I realized that I never read this novella which shows Bones's life before he met Cat.

COMING TO THE BLOG NEXT WEEK

Reviews
3.5 Stars -- "Midnight Frost" by Jennifer Estep
4 Stars -- "First Grave on the Right" by Darynda Jones
4.5 Stars -- "Illumination" by Rowan Speedwall

Features
Upcoming Releases: October 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Book Turn-Offs
Follow Friday: Books, TV Shows, Movies I'm Behind On




9 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read the Charley Davidson series but I haven't found the time yet. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Been meaning to start the Charley Davidson. Just seems like there's never enough time to read everything that I want to. Great haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of The Rules. Happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely make sure to check out your review for Friends With Benefits, because it looks nice and I like cute books :)

    Thanks for dropping by at my STS!

    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read The Rules. I have it on my Kindle, but just haven't gotten to it yet. Great haul. I hope you have a splendid weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go check out your review for the Harper book - I've been listening to her audio books lately, but I haven't read this series at all yet.

    And I think you'll be happy your reading Reckoning after having read some of the later books. I read it first and it didn't hold my attention - but I think if I knew who Bones was before reading it, I would have taken a very different view and really enjoyed it.

    Oh and I'm glad to hear your enjoying the Charley Davidson series - I have that on my reading plan for next month. Yep - I'm even later to that party than you LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to check out The Rules and Charley Davidson. I need to pick up Reckoning. I can't wait for the next Night Huntress book. And yes, Sweet Peril was delicious, or maybe it's just Kaidan who's delicious. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! The Charly Davidson series sounds really good! I added it to my TBR! thanks for visiting my blog!

    Kathy @My Nook, Books & More

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.