Friday, September 13, 2013

FOLLOW FRIDAY (84)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blog:
 Fiction in Fiction in Fiction

Q: It is up to you to do a Kickstarter campaign for your favorite book!  Who are you casting as the main characters?

 There's so many books I would love to do this for, but I think I'm going to go with one that is near and dear to my heart:

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

Number the Stars
Ten-year-old Annemarie Johansen and her best friend Ellen Rosen often think of life before the war. It's now 1943 and their life in Copenhagen is filled with school, food shortages, and the Nazi soldiers marching through town. When the Jews of Denmark are "relocated," Ellen moves in with the Johansens and pretends to be one of the family. Soon Annemarie is asked to go on a dangerous mission to save Ellen's life.

This is one of my all-time favorite children's books that is very well-known and critically acclaimed.  The fact that it has not been made into even a TV movie is really surprising to me.  So if I had the money and it was only to be used on this type of Kickstarter campaign, that is probably what I would focus on. I'm not really sure who I would cast since so many of the main characters are children and I'm not familiar with current child actors.  


*******

bloglovin

I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

7 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I'm now following your blog!

    Here's my post - http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday-17.html

    Xo, - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both did books by Lois Lowry!!! Here is mine: http://appalachianowl.blogspot.com

    Sad thing is as much as I have loved The Giver I have never read this one. It's on my never ending list!

    I am going to so follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! This weeks question was hard, so I wouldn't know a lot of child actors to choose from. thanks for visiting my blog!

    Old follower =)
    Kathy
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lois Lowry is one of my favorite authors. I love her The Giver Series. Maybe I should give this book a shot.

    Old follower via bloglovin!

    Thoughts and Pens FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of that book before... Thanks for sharing!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. She truly is a great writer. I can't wait to see The Giver on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number the Stars would make a wonderful movie! seriously, why hasn't it been turned into one? Maybe Lois Lowry doesn't want it turned into a movie?

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.