Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (13) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (68)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...
Opal (Lux, #3)

  • YA Science Fiction--Third in the Lux series.
  • Loving it so far...I want Daemon for myself!
Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)

  • Urban Fantasy--Second in the Elemental Assassins series.
  • Gin Blanco is a kick-ass heroine who would be a blast to hang out with.
Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Romantic Suspense--Ninth in the In Death series.
  • Almost finished with this and am on the edge of my seat to figure out the truth.

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)

  • Historical Romance--Third in the Wallflowers series.
  • I was in a reading rut last week so I re-read one of my all-time favorites.
This Time Next Door 
  • Contemporary Romance.
  • I liked it, but it wasn't the best.  I got it for free so I wasn't too upset.
WHAT I PLAN ON READING NEXT...
Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)

  • YA Paranormal--Fifth in the Mythos Academy series.
  • Love Gwen's story and am anxious to see what happens after the events of Crimson Frost.
Fangirl

  • YA Contemporary.
  • I've heard such amazing things about Rainbow Rowell's books so I was excited when I got an e-ARC of this from Netgalley.
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)

  • Paranormal Romance.  Third in the Half-Moon Hollow series.
  • Love Harper's writing and am ready to see what she comes up with next.

****************************************************************************


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 


Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)

CRESS
(LUNAR CHRONICLES #3)
by Marissa Meyer

Expected Publication: February 4, 2014
Young Adult -- Science Fiction

Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
 

*****************************************************

No Place for a Dame

NO PLACE FOR A DAME
by Connie Brockway

Expected Publication: September 10, 2013
Historical Romance

Beautiful, bold and brilliant, Avery dreams of becoming a member of the Royal Astronomical Society—and the only way she can join the all-male society is to disguise herself as a boy. After helping Giles, Lord Strand, escape a disastrous engagement, she is certain he will assist in her daring masquerade. No lady would ever come up with such a preposterous scheme, and no gentleman would accept…but fortunately for Avery, Giles is no gentleman.

A bargain is struck between the stargazing adventuress and society's most sophisticated lord. He will sponsor her as his prodigy, and she will cover for him as he hunts London's darkest warrens for a missing colleague from his shadowy past. But time and again Giles finds his quest compromised by his fierce and unwise attraction to the lovely girl who, though no lady, may well be the one dame to finally unlock the secrets of his heart.
 

11 comments:

  1. Loved Opal! Hope you are enjoying it!

    Loved Cinder and excited to read Scarlett and Cress!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I am desperately wanting Cress too :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - haha. I love Daemon, too, and want one for myself. He doesn't have to have alien mojo. But I like his attitude, and I love how devoted to Katy he is.

    Second, I've been in a reading rut lately, too. I need to reread some of my favorites - which definitely include A Devil in Winter!

    Third - Rainbow Rowell is amazing. You must read Eleanor & Park, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daemon's attitude is one of my favorite things about him! He just makes me laugh especially when he teases Katy. I don't know why I keep waiting to read Rainbow Rowell. Almost everybody seems to adore her work! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. So I'm totally behind on the Cinder series...as in haven't started, but I've heard such good things and plan to pick them up. Cress' cover is so stunning. I love it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Cinder or Scarlet! What is wrong with me!? I have heard so many amazing things about the series so far, I'm just going to have to fit them into my summer holiday reading list. Great pick and thank you for sharing.

    New follower :0)
    My blog: Once Upon a Moonlight Review…

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Molly Harper too, so funny! I need to get into the Lux series, everyone seems to love them, I need a lot more hours in the day!

    Here is my WWW if you'd like to stop by for a visit, I'd love to have you!

    Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know about Cress, where have I been?! I'm so far behind that I haven't even read Cinder yet. I seriously need to get on that.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with Devil in Winter! I'm looking forward to see what you think of Molly Harper's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, I need to go read Cinder. I also need to start the Lux series and the Mythos Academy series. Agh, so many books. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.