Saturday, August 17, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP and KINDLE DEALS: August 11-17, 2013


THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS


MY READING UPDATE


I had a really good reading week.  No DNFs and no bad ones.  Definitely an inspiring week!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (YA contemporary) -- Absolutely wonderful! This is my first Rainbow Rowell book and it will definitely not be my last. Full review coming soon.

Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (YA science fiction) -- I liked this much more than the last book, Onyx. Katy redeemed herself in my eyes and Daemon was as sexy (and arrogantly funny) as always. The ending floored me and I am impatiently waiting for Origin to come out at the end of this month. Full review coming soon.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (YA contemporary) -- Engrossing and emotional! I love road trip stories and this is one of the best I've read. Full review coming soon.

Loyalty in Death (In Death #9) by JD Robb (romantic suspense) -- Another great Eve Dallas mystery! I loved the complexity of this case and how much input was needed from other characters. Peabody was especially fun to read about in this book. Can't wait to read the next one!


Promises (Coda #1) by Marie Sexton (male/male contemporary) [FREE] 
Hometown Star by Joleen James (contemporary romance) [FREE] 
Ruined by a Rake by Erin Knightley (historical romance) [FREE] 
There's Something About Lady Mary by Sophie Barnes (historical romance) [$0.99]
What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston (historical romance) [$0.99]
Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox (contemporary romance) [$0.99]
And the Miss Ran Away with the Rake by Elizabeth Boyle (historical romance) [$1.99]

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week! I'm off to check out several of your posts, including your review of "The Rake", which I've read twice.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.