AUGUST 6 -- THE PASSION OF THE PURPLE PLUMERIA
(Pink Carnation #10) by Lauren Willig
- Involves a returning colonel from India and a former spy trying to find a missing girl.
- I loved the first in this series and need to catch up.
AUGUST 6 -- OUT OF PLAY
by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry
- Features a drummer working on detoxing in rural Alaska where he meets a talented female hockey player.
- I liked Nyrae Dawn's Boy series and have heard good things about Jolene Perry's work.
AUGUST 6 -- TALL, DARK, AND VAMPIRE
(Dead in the City #1) by Sara Humphreys
- Focuses on a vampire nightclub owner who is reunited with her long-lost lover though he doesn't recognize her.
- I've heard fabulous things about Humphreys Amoveo Legends series so I'm intrigued by this new series.
AUGUST 12 -- HER LADYSHIP'S CURSE
(Disenchanted & Co. #1) by Lynn Viehl
- Takes place in a steampunk/alternate version of history where America loses the Revolutionary War.
- Involves an investigator who specializes in exposing the frauds behind supposedly magical crimes.
AUGUST 13 -- FROM THE ASHES
(Fire and Rain #1) by Daisy Harris
- Features a college student who loses everything in a fire and the sexy, closeted fireman who takes him in.
- I love Daisy Harris's sexy, but sweet male/male romances and am excited to read this one.
AUGUST 15 -- BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA
(Between #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Focuses on a small-town girl and a stranger with some dark, almost evil secrets.
- Debut novel that is getting a lot of good buzz right now.
AUGUST 19 -- CAPTURE AND SURRENDER
(Market Garden #5) by Alexander Voinov and L.A. Witt
- Focuses on the owner of the Market Garden brothel who falls for his newest employee despite his normal rules against it.
- I adore this series and have been intrigued by Frank ever since I started it.
AUGUST 20 -- NEVER KISS A RAKE
(Scandal at the House of Russell #1) by Anne Stuart
- Features a heroine who goes undercover as a servant in order to find out the truth about her father's death.
- I liked Anne Stuart's House of Rohan series so I will check out her newest series.
AUGUST 20 -- THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US
by Lauren Myracle
- Features a high school senior who has always aimed to please her parents and the boy who has always been in love with her.
- I love unrequited love stories so I definitely have my eye on this one.
AUGUST 26 -- GLITTERLAND
by Alexis Hall
- Focuses on a writer suffering from mental illness and the fashion-obsessed model he falls for.
- I got this debut from Netgalley and really liked it especially the character of Darian.
AUGUST 27 -- ORIGIN
(Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
[YA science fiction]
- Continues the saga of book blogger Katy and sexy, powerful alien Daemon.
- I am a little behind on this series, but really enjoy it.
AUGUST 27 -- THE RUIN OF A ROGUE
(Wild Quartet #2) by Miranda Neville
- Features a disgraced gambler who inherits a rundown estate and is forced to court a wallflower.
- I really enjoy Miranda Neville's historicals though the first one in this series wasn't my favorite.
AUGUST 27 -- I MARRIED THE DUKE
(Prince Catchers #1) by Katherine Ashe
- Focuses on a woman trying to catch the attention of a prince yet ends up falling for a newly titled ship's captain.
- I haven't read any of Ms. Ashe's works, but know many people who enjoy her.
AUGUST 27 -- THE TROUBLE WITH BEING A DUKE
(At the Kingsborough Ball #1) by Sophia Barnes
- Cinderella retelling with a desperate duke and a "commoner" with a secret.
- I've never read Sophia Barnes, but I love fairy tale inspired stories.
AUGUST 27 -- A RAKE'S MIDNIGHT KISS
(Sons of Sin #2) by Anna Campbell
- Focuses on a scholar heroine and a hero who tries to steal a priceless jewel in order to figure out who his father is.
- I haven't read the first in this series, but I like her earlier works especially Untouched.
AUGUST 27 -- A MOST DEVILISH ROGUE
by Ashlyn Macnamara
- Involves a rakish gentleman and a widow who are trying to find a missing boy.
- I liked (but didn't love) Macnamara's debut, but received an e-ARC for this one.
AUGUST 27 -- THE ARRANGEMENT
(Survivors Club #2) by Mary Balogh
- Features a blind former soldier and a quiet heroine who initially rejects his proposal.
- I adore Mary Balogh and she thrives with these types of stories.
AUGUST 27 -- THE LOTUS PALACE
by Jeannie Lin
- Takes place in imperial China and features a concubine's maidservant and a man who is more than what he seems.
- I love Lin's China-set historicals and am excited this one.
AUGUST 30 -- JUNIOR: UNSCRIPTED
(Ivory Towers #3) by Daisy Harris
- Continues the story of a film student and his teaching assistant lover.
- Like I already said, I love Daisy Harris's work and she is one of the best with college settings.
SO WHAT BOOK(S) ARE YOU EXCITED TO READ THIS MONTH?