Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Things That Make My Life as a Reader/Blogger Easier


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

THINGS THAT MAKE MY LIFE AS A READER/BLOGGER EASIER


1. Goodreads

Definitely my number one answer!  I don't know what I would do with my Goodreads account which I use to organize the books that I've read, reviewed, bought, etc.

2. Bloglovin'
This is a new-to-me website that I discovered in the last days of GFC.  I love the way that it helps me organize the blogs that I follow and the way that they are displayed.

3. Public Library
I love to buy books as much as the next bibliophile, but sometimes money gets tight.  In those times, I turn to my wonderful public library to help with my book addiction.

4. Book Depository
After my local Borders closed, I turned to this online bookstore for most of my purchases.  Best part is that they don't charge shipping!

5. Paperback Swap
Another way that I increase my TBR shelf.  A great way to get rid of books I don't want anymore and then find fun used books.

6. E-Reader
I am still a physical book fan first, but I definitely love the convenience of my e-reader.  It is just so much fun to go online, order a book at 2 am, and start reading it immediately.  Plus it helped me discover some of my favorite indie authors!

7. Bookmarks
I used to dog-ear book pages to mark my spot until about five years ago.  Since then, I have become obsessed with my bookmarks.  My memory is definitely not what it used to be so, without them, I would always be lost.

8. Audible 
I have really gotten into audiobooks in the past few years and this was a great find!  I love seeing that email telling me I have a new credit plus their selection is amazing!

9. Twitter
I am not a prolific tweeter, but I am trying to learn.  It is a great way to see what is going on in the book world anywhere.

10. Netgalley
I am not obsessed with gathering ARCs, but it does help to improve my skills as a blogger to work with them.

6 comments:

  1. Goodreads is pretty amazing. I have over a thousand books on my shelves now (scary) and there is no way I could keep track of everything I've read otherwise. I've found some really cool challenges on there as well. Here's mine Backchatting Books T10T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good choices. Goodreads, bloglovin and my kindle are probably my strongest choices for me anyway. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodreads is a brilliant tool. I absolutely love using it, especially the app for my phone. It makes it SO easy. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize as I read so many lists I really need to use Goodreads more! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried audiobooks and twitter yet, but I fully agree with you the significance of Book depository. Its free shipping works great for me in Bulgaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I miss Borders too. They had such great deals :( Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.