Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

BOOKS I WISH COULD HAVE HAD SEQUELS

1. Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton (male/male contemporary)
Jamie and Levi's story is one of my favorites and I would love to see at least a few scenes showing their relationship a few years down the road.

2. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair (science fiction romance)
An amazing sci-fi romance between a bio-cyborg and the space captain he's been in love with for years.  The world that Sinclair created was so well-done that I would love to visit it again.

3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (contemporary romance)
While Min and Cal's romance is complete, they both had plenty of friends and family members that could probably have had just as funny of a love story.

4. My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper (contemporary romance)
This is a recent release so I'm really hoping there will be a sequel in the future.  I loved this contemporary about the marketing branch of the Kentucky Tourism Commission and would love to see a happy ending for office assistant extraordinaire Kelsey and geek Charles.

5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (YA contemporary)
I loved meeting Jase's family so I wouldn't mind seeing more with his brothers and sisters especially George.

6. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (YA fantasy)
I loved almost everything about this dark and twisted fantasy and it had a fabulous ending, but I wouldn't mind seeing whether or not something similar could happen to another town. 

7. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot (YA contemporary)
I love books with celebrities falling in love with "regular people" and want to know how Jenny and Luke are able to keep their relationship strong.

8. Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (contemporary romance)
An amazing story about two people who work in a traveling circus.  I loved the setting and all the quirky side characters so I'd love to visit them again.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, My Life Next Door! There's a companion coming out in 2014! So you know, it's not the same characters, but it's bound to be incredible!

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Huntley's writing so much, I'm sure the book will be nothing less than amazing!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great list! I haven't read any of these, but I do want to try out Molly Harper though soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an unabashed Harper fangirl so I feel no one can go wrong with her books. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I've only read two of these books. I would love to see the Garretts again, too. But I would want more of a companion novel than a sequel. And oh my gosh, I would love to know what's going on with Luke and Jenny, too. Teen Idol was such a fun book. I LOVE Meg Cabot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teen Idol is fun, isn't it? I haven't re-read it in awhile and I think I'm going to do that soon. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I don't know any of these books but I will definitely look them up.
    Thanks for coming over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about My Life Next Door. What a brilliant book. Loved the characters and the story. Any kind of follow up we get from her will be amazing.

    Thanks for the list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely read a sequel to Bet Me. Cal and Min were such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes to My Life Next Door! I want to read more about Jase! :D
    And hmm, Teen Idol. Nice choice, I've never thought of that.
    Awesome list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ashamed to admit I've only read 2 of these. I need to get to reading. Some of your books looks awesome. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these! I'm seeing a lot of titles I haven't read on various TTT posts today, which is fun.

    my TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I would love a My Life Next Door sequel! If only for more adorable George moments. <3

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.