Tuesday, August 6, 2013
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels
Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
BOOKS I WISH COULD HAVE HAD SEQUELS
1. Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton (male/male contemporary)
Jamie and Levi's story is one of my favorites and I would love to see at least a few scenes showing their relationship a few years down the road.
2. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair (science fiction romance)
An amazing sci-fi romance between a bio-cyborg and the space captain he's been in love with for years. The world that Sinclair created was so well-done that I would love to visit it again.
3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (contemporary romance)
While Min and Cal's romance is complete, they both had plenty of friends and family members that could probably have had just as funny of a love story.
4. My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper (contemporary romance)
This is a recent release so I'm really hoping there will be a sequel in the future. I loved this contemporary about the marketing branch of the Kentucky Tourism Commission and would love to see a happy ending for office assistant extraordinaire Kelsey and geek Charles.
5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (YA contemporary)
I loved meeting Jase's family so I wouldn't mind seeing more with his brothers and sisters especially George.
6. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (YA fantasy)
I loved almost everything about this dark and twisted fantasy and it had a fabulous ending, but I wouldn't mind seeing whether or not something similar could happen to another town.
7. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot (YA contemporary)
I love books with celebrities falling in love with "regular people" and want to know how Jenny and Luke are able to keep their relationship strong.
8. Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (contemporary romance)
An amazing story about two people who work in a traveling circus. I loved the setting and all the quirky side characters so I'd love to visit them again.