Friday, August 9, 2013

FOLLOW FRIDAY (80)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q:  Back to School!  Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you will be teaching this semester.


I had way too much fun with this!  Before getting my MLS, I thought about becoming a college professor so I thought about things like this on occasion.  Here's one of my dream classes:

Required Reading List for
ENGL 666: TRENDS IN VAMPIRE FICTION

"The Vampyre" by John William Polidori (1819)
Varney the Vampire by James Malcolm Rymer (1845)
"Carmilla" by Joseph Sheridan LeFanu (1872)
"Dracula" by Bram Stoker (1897)
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (1954)
Salem's Lot by Stephen King (1975)
Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice (1979)
Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe (1979)
Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (1993)
The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike (1994)
Sunshine by Robin McKinley (2003)
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (2005)
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (2005)
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (2006)
Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill (2009)
Generation V by M.L. Brennan (2013)

In addition to these books, I would also have students watch vampire movies/television shows like Nosferatu, Dracula, The Lost Boys, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and True Blood.



*******

bloglovin

I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Where do I sign up?!
    Trish - my ff

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENG 666 LOVE it. I'd take that class ;)(Also totally loved Generation V, can't wait for the next one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! A English vampire class! heck yes! Sign me up!!

    Old bloglovin follower, new twitter follower!

    My FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUNNICULA OMG.

    I would sign up for this class in an instant. Come teach at my college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some good ones!!! Can I Join the class? hehe, Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That class looks like way too much fun. Bonus points for pulling out Polidori - people seem to forget him nowadays. I had too many ideas so I had to divide them up into three courses.
    Here's mine Backchatting Books F&F
    Old Bloglovin' follower
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This class looks like fun
    new bloglovin follower
    new GFC follower here
    here is my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be an amazing class! Seriously high schools should offer more classes like that. And colleges.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.