Friday, August 2, 2013

FOLLOW FRIDAY (79)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
The Mile Long Bookshelf
Hardcore Heroine
 
Q:  How do you handle a book you don't like?  Do you DNF or power through?


I used to finish every book I started even if I hated it and it took me months to complete.  But, since I started blogging, my to-read list has gotten so overwhelming that I decided not to waste my time on books I'm not enjoying or at least books I don't care about finishing.  I usually try to give a book between 100 and 200 pages to grab me before I put it away.  There are even times where I will put the book to the side for a bit to wait for a better mood, but, if this happens multiple times, I usually give up.  That being said, I do not rate my DNF reads since a lot of the time the reason I couldn't finish it is personal rather than how good the book really is.  I do have a separate Goodreads shelf for DNFs so friends/followers can see them.


*******

bloglovin

I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes me months to finish a book not because I don't like it but because other books come along that I want to read and I start them and forget to go back. I don't struggle for months on books I don't like though, not anymore.

    Jenna @ Rather Be Reading YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Months??? I couldn't do that but I usually end most of the books
    Already following via bloglovin'
    Ruty@MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel the need to finish books once I start them. I'm a bloglovin follower. :b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I will give a book 50-100 pages before I DNF if I'm not enjoying it. I used to power through but I no longer have the time and it turned reading into a chore. There are too many books on my tbr pile for me to feel guilty and I'm picky about what I read, so only have 1 DNF so far!

    New follower :)

    Mia Hoddell

    Gift card giveaway -> more entries = more money given away

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been someone who doesn't mind not finishing a book. I give it a try, and if it isn't for me, I move on. There are so many books out there that i want to read, so why waste time with something that I don't care for. But I also give myself the option to go back to it.

    I don't rate or review books that I don't finish either. Like you said, it's usually for personal reasons, and not something to do with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right about the reason normally being personal for DNF'ing. I have started recently posting DNF reviews even though I didn't used to because I wanted people to understand why I may have featured it on Teaser Tuesday and then mysteriously didn't have a review for it. I understand why you wouldn't though. Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try and finish a book, but sometimes, I just can't. Life's too short!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF! New follower via bloglovin' and Twitter!
    ~Tilly @ Hardcore Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely agree! Having a DNF Goodreads shelf is a great idea.
    New bloglovin follower.

    Kimberly @ Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always finish a book, but I might start DNFing as well, my TBR pile has gone crazy since I started blogging!
    I'm an old follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.