Saturday, August 10, 2013

A TO Z BOOK SURVEY

AtoZsurvey
Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner made up this fabulous book survey that is very reminiscent of the Xanga/Myspace surveys that we all did years ago.  I loved the prompts she created so I decided to participate this weekend.  Head on over to her blog, check out her answers, and join in the fun!

************

Author You've Read the Most Books From:
Julia Quinn with 32 books...she is the author that got me started on my obsession with historical romance almost ten years ago so I guess that makes sense!  Sherrilyn Kenyon was a close second with 29 books.

Best Sequel Ever:
Definitely One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (#2 in the Night Huntress series).  I loved the first book and the second one sealed my adoration of Cat/Bones forever.

Currently Reading:
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (#3 in the Lux series)

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water or lemonade.  Not a fancy answer, but it is the truth.

E-reader or Physical Book?
I love my e-reader something fierce, but physical books are my first and one true love.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Michael Moscovitz from Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series.  He's cute, smart, and understands most of Mia's little quirks which is definitely something I would have been attracted to in high school.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux

Hidden Gem Book:
The Perfect Waltz by Anne Gracie

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Discovering Goodreads which helped me discover that there are so many bookworms out there and eventually inspired me to start my own book blog.

Just Finished:
Loyalty in Death by JD Robb (#9 in the In Death series)

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Horror fiction...I love paranormals and urban fantasy, but I can't do super scary.  What can I say?  I'm a wimp!

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (1037 pages)

Major book hangover because of:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Two...plus tons of piles and boxes

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

Preferred Place To Read:
My bed after a long day.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment." –Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

Reading Regret:
Waiting so long to try Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Hex Hall trilogy by Rachel Hawkins

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Persuasion by Jane Austen
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Molly Harper...anything she writes, I will devour!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Reaver by Larissa Ione

Worst Bookish Habit:
I have read books in series order...it is a weird obsession, but I can't stop.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Lover at Last by JR Ward (#11 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Your latest book purchase:
Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep (#5 in the Mythos Academy series)

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (#12 in the Psy Changeling series)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot about Michael from The Princess Diaries, good choice! Gone With The Wind was my longest book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of participating in this tomorrow, but I haven't decided yet. Also, I LOVE all the JQ love. Hehe. I've read almost all her books except for the Lost Dukes of . . . umm I can't remember where they are from. You know the ones I'm talking about, right? Have you read them? Did you like them. The only one of JQ's books I really didn't like was The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever. I thought Turner was a total creep.

    I think the JQ book I've read the most is How to Marry a Marquis, but I do love Anthony's story. And Colin's and Daphne's. Those are my favorite Bridgerton books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read the Lost Duke books and I was kinda meh about them. I enjoyed the second one better than the first, but I think that was because the hero reminded me a bit of Mr. Darcy. I didn't like The Secret Diaries much either because of Turner though I loved Miranda. My favorite JQ is definitely The Viscount Who Loved Me though Romancing Mr. Bridgerton and What Happens in London are close behind. How to Marry a Marquis is really good as well...James is such a sweetie!

      Delete
  3. I really need to finish The Hex Hall trilogy too. Loved the first book but for some reason or other I've never read the other two.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.