Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (9) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (65)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:
  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...
MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13)
Latest in the fabulous Immortals After Dark series.  Loving MacRieve and Chloe!

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
I loved McGarry's debut, Pushing the Limits, and am really enjoying Beth's story.

Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
My current audiobook: #9 in Robb's infamous In Death series.

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Really liked this sequel to 2011's Divergent.  Can't wait for Allegiant in October.
Review coming soon.

Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)
Steampunk romance with one of my favorite heroes of 2013!
Review coming soon.

WHAT I'M READING NEXT...
When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
First in Cabot's 1-800-Where-R-You series that I am reading for the Meg-a-Readers event.

On the Island (On the Island #1)
Heard fabulous things about this contemporary and just bought it on sale through Amazon.

****************************************************************************



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 

 Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties, #1)
BITTER SPIRITS
(Roaring Twenties #1)
by Jenn Bennett

Expected Publication: January 7, 2014
Paranormal Romance

First in a new romance series: It’s the roaring twenties, and San Francisco is a hotbed of illegal boozing, raw lust, and black magic. The fog-covered Bay Area can be an intoxicating scene, particularly when you specialize in spirits…

Aida Palmer performs a spirit medium show onstage at Chinatown’s illustrious Gris-Gris speakeasy. However, her ability to summon (and expel) the dead is more than just an act.

Winter Magnusson is a notorious bootlegger who’s more comfortable with guns than ghosts—unfortunately for him, he’s the recent target of a malevolent hex that renders him a magnet for hauntings. After Aida’s supernatural assistance is enlisted to banish the ghosts, her spirit-chilled aura heats up as the charming bootlegger casts a different sort of spell on her...

On the hunt for the curseworker responsible for the hex, Aida and Winter become drunk on passion. And the closer they become, the more they realize they have ghosts of their own to exorcise.

****************


My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)
MY LADY QUICKSILVER
(London Steampunk #3)
by Bec McMaster

Expected Publication: October 1, 2013
Steampunk Romance

Determined to destroy the Echelon she despises, Rosalind Fairchild is on seemingly easy mission. Get in. Uncover the secrets of her brother's disappearance. And get out.

In order to infiltrate the Nighthawks and find their leader, Sir Jasper Lynch, Rosalind will pose as their secretary. But she doesn't count on Lynch being such a dangerously charismatic man, challenging her at every turn, forcing her to re-evaluate everything she knows about the enemy.

He could be her most dangerous nemesis—or the ally she never dreamed existed.

10 comments:

  1. I just love, love, love Katie McGarry. Dare You To is great! I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving it right now! I'll probably finish it sometime today.

      Delete
  2. My 1 worry about Dare You To is that I loved Beth and Isaac together in Pushing the Limits! I think it would break my heart if she ended up with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about that too, but, trust me, Katie McGarry knows what she's doing. I liked Dare You To as much as Pushing the Limits. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Hope you are enjoying Macrieve, I have been really wanting to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Things are starting to pick up plus the heroine is hilarious. Definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Dare You To. Katie McGarry is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night and it was sooo good! I think it is just as good as Pushing the Limits which is interesting because of how different I thought the tone was. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I was thinking about starting J.D. Robb's In Death series...then I saw there was 37 books! Maybe I'll just read the first few lol. Hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series length is intimidating, but they are just so awesome that I can't quit. If possible, I definitely recommend trying the audio version. The narrator is absolutely amazing and it feels like you are inside the story. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.