Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Beginnings and Endings in Books


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

TOP TEN BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS IN BOOKS


~Beginnings~

Pride and Prejudice
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
 Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
2. Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
If Annabelle hadn't found a body lying under "Sherman," she wouldn't have been late for her appointment with the Python.
The Undead in My Bed (Includes: Midnight Liaisons #1.5, Dark Ones #10.5, Half Moon Hollow #1.5) 
3. Undead Sublet (Half-Moon Hollow #2.5) by Molly Harper
In retrospect, I should have known something was wrong when the arugula started telling knock-knock jokes.
The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1) 
4. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (League of Princes #1) by Christopher Healy
Prince Charming is afraid of old ladies. Didn't know that, did you?
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
5. The Iron King (Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa
Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.



~Endings~

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by JK Rowling
All was well.
Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7)
2. Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7) by Abigail Roux
It was the first purely honest kiss they'd ever shared.  And it was a kiss goodbye.
Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
3. Shadowfever (Fever #5) by Karen Marie Moning
The good guys and the bad guys aren't as easy to tell apart as I used to think they were.  You can't look at someone with your eyes and take their measure.  You have to look with the heart.
Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)
4. Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood #11) by JR Ward
On that note, they held each other close, started moving together in perfect harmony...and lived happily ever after.
Black Beauty
5. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
My troubles are all over, and I am at home; and often before I am quite awake, I fancy I am still in the orchard at Birtwick, standing with my old friends under the apple-trees.

9 comments:

  1. Yes! Completely agree with you about the ending of the Deathly Hallows. I see Pride + Prejudice has made it onto a few lists this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way HP ends. It made my list, too. P&P did as well for its happy ending. I still need to get into the Iron Fey series, but I've heard great things. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Harry Potter is on almost everyone's TTT today. It's one of my favorite series ever, and one of the books I am most passionate about. I forgot about the great first line for The Hero's Guide. I love that book, and that first line is awesome.

    And seriously, P&P!

    Also, I'm very curious about Match Me If You Can now. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Match Me is hilarious and one of my favorite contemporary romances. It is about a sports agent and a matchmaker. I always recommend it!

      Delete
  4. The last sentence in Shadowfever sounds amazing. That reminds me - I have to read the rest of the Fever series. :D
    Great list! (:

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it summed up Mac's journey pretty well without giving away any spoilers. That series is one of my favs!

      Delete
  5. Pride and Prejudice!! That one seems to be a popular choice today. :)
    And just the entire last chapter of HP7 was perfection- I can't believe I forgot to put that on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet had a chance to read Monings Fae series. But read her highlander one and loved it. After reading this though, I think I want to read it sooner rather than later. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant list. The final sentence from Black Beauty always makes me tear up; poor Beauty! The Hero's Guide and The Iron King both have brilliant opening sentenecs, wish I'd thought to include them on my list. And the opening sentence for Undead Sublet has me curious, I'll have to check the series out.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.