Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

TOP TEN AUTHORS WHO DESERVE MORE RECOGNITION

1. LaVyrle Spencer
Morning Glory
Historical romance writer who focused primarily on Americana.
My favorites: Morning Glory; The Endearment

2. Anne Gracie 
The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
Historical romance author with a special skill for tortured heroes.
My favorite: The Perfect Waltz

3. Y.S. Lee
The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
YA historical mystery writer who knows how to write strong heroines.
My favorite: The Body at the Tower

4. Chris Crutcher
 Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
YA contemporary writer who has similar styles to John Green.
My favorites: Whale Talk, Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes

5. Teresa Medeiros
Yours Until Dawn
A romance writer who writes in a variety of genres like westerns, paranormals, and historicals.
My favorites: Yours Until Dawn, The Vampire Who Loved Me

6. Stacey Kade
The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1)
YA paranormal writer with a dark sense of humor.
My favorite: The Ghost and the Goth


7. Brenna Yovanoff
The Replacement
Another YA paranormal/fantasy author with a twisted writing style.
My favorite: The Replacement


8. E.D. Baker
The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
MG fantasy writer who loves fairy tale retellings.
My favorite: The Frog Princess


9. Lara Adrian
Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
Paranormal romance writer who I think gets lost in the JR Ward shuffle.
My favorite: Midnight Awakening


10. Sean Kennedy
Tigers and Devils (Tigers and Devils #1)
M/M romance author who is amazing at character and relationship development.
My favorite: Tigers and Devils


13 comments:

  1. The cover for The Replacement is so creepy. I remember seeing it a while ago... I don't know why I didn't pick it up.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is creepy! I actually picked it up at the bookstore just for the cover which never happens. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of Y.S Lee! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Similar to John Green, oooh, I'll check him out. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting picks. I've only heard of 3 of them and read one. Really enjoyed Lara Adrian. Teresa Medeiros and Stacey Kade are both on my tbr mountain :)

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y. S. Lee has definitely caught my eye! Sounds really interesting :).
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Agency series is fabulous! If you are into audio books at all, I highly recommend them. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. The Replacement is so amazing! I loved that book. I read it last summer and I Thought it was so unique and original. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! I read it before my blog, but I'm thinking about re-reading it so I can do a review. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. She is definitely a unique author. I love that she isn't afraid to try something new. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Stacey Kade! Yes! I've read the first two Ghost and the Goth books and I really liked them. I still need to read the third, though. Oh, and I definitely want to check out E.D. Baker's books. They look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man I used to tear up some LaVyrle Spencer back in the day. Other than her, I am happy to say I've read books by at least 1/2 the authors featured on your list. I will have to check out the others. Thanks for visiting my TTT last week.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.