Thursday, July 25, 2013

HARRY POTTER MOMENT OF THE WEEK (1)


This is a fabulous meme that I discovered a few weeks ago at Uncorked Thoughts.  Basically, Leah (the host) picks a topic each week that has to do with Harry Potter in some way.  I have loved reading her (and others) posts so I decided to try it for myself.  If you are a huge HP fan, I highly recommend participating!

FAVORITE CREATURE OF THE SERIES


Definitely has to be Hippogriffs especially Buckbeak/Witherwings.  I have to love any creature that embarrasses Draco Malfoy plus Buckbeak has such a personality!  I also really think the fact that they are extremely proud and bow to people they respect to be very intriguing.  I don't know if I would want one as a pet, but it is fun to dream!

Here's a bit more about Hippogriffs from Harry Potter Wikia:

A Hippogriff is a magical creature that has the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It is very similar to another mythical creature, the Griffin, with the horse rear replacing the lion rear. Hippogriffs have cruel, steel-coloured beaks and large, brilliantly orange eyes. The talons on their front legs are half a foot long and appear deadly.  The breeding of fancy Hippogriffs is an established wizarding career, with known breeders including Newton Scamander's mother. Images of said fancy Hippogriffs are sometimes put onto calendars.


 WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HP CREATURE??

4 comments:

  1. Love Buckbeak, for all the reasons you already listed (especially since he so hates Malfoy--he has good tastes! LOL). Hm...Hedwig. I cry every time I read or watch when she dies.


    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww welcome to the meme hun! I love hippogriffs too. They're absolutely amazing and the bond that the characters share with Buckbeak is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun meme! I need to look into it. I have no idea how I would be able to pick one creature as my favorite from HP. Of course I love Buckbeak, but I also love Hedwig, and even Crookshanks even though I'm more of a dog person. Oh and speaking of dogs, what about Fang!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think flying around on Buckbeak would be soooo crazy! It would be like a roller coaster ride!

    Angie
    My Moment of the Week

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.