Sunday, July 14, 2013

15 DAY BOOK BLOGGER CHALLENGE: Day 7

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

DAY 7: TALK ABOUT YOUR BLOGGING QUIRKS.

1. I only write blog reviews for books that I rate 3 stars or higher.  I have a very hard time writing longish reviews for books I didn't like so, when I started my blog, I decided that I would only write reviews for books that I mostly enjoyed.

2. I have to outline my reviews or else I think I ramble on too much.  This probably happens anyway, but I do try to avoid it as much as I can.

3. I use an online thesaurus to help me with descriptive words when writing reviews.  I have found that I keep using the same descriptions for things and I am trying to expand my vocabulary.

4. I am a perfectionist when it comes to the formatting of my posts/reviews.  I constantly tweak them until I think they are ready to be published and then I spend an obscene amount of time editing them later on.

5. I have to have a blogging schedule to make sure I post at least once a day and get everything done on time.  I sometimes deviate from the schedule, but that is a rare occurrence nowadays.

6. I do not host blog tours, cover reveals, or giveaways very often on my blog.  I just don't have the outside time for it though I do love to participate on others' blogs.

7. I am obsessive when it comes to keeping my pages up to date especially my review archive, 2013 reads listing, and release date listing.  I'm not sure how helpful they are to my blog readers, but they help me on a daily basis.

That's all I can think of right now though I'm sure there are tons more.  If I think of any good ones, I'll add them in later!  What are your blogging quirks?

5 comments:

  1. Using a thesaurus is a great idea. I always feel like I"m using the same words as well.

    For me it's sometimes easier to write a review for a book I didn't like because I have more to say. Sometimes I love a book so much I can't think of anything to say other than "Read It!"

    I'm also picky about formatting and I wish blogging platforms would make it easier to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes have problems when writing a review for a fabulous book. For example, I couldn't write a blog review for The Fault in Our Stars because I had no words. So I just wrote a few sentences on Goodreads and just try to recommend it as much as I can. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. #5 <--- I tried doing that once but totally failed lol Now I just keep a little sticky note to show me when my blog reviews are due lol
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would fail when I started the schedule in January (one of my New Year's Resolutions), but I have been surprisingly successful at it. I do still use Post-Its sometimes! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally going to be using an online thesaurus from now on. I definitely need some word variety.

    And I'm terrible about staying up-to-date with my review master list. I need to come up with a better plan.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.