Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 DAY BOOK BLOGGER CHALLENGE: Day 6

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

DAY 6: BOOK SHOPPING PROCESS



I have a variety of ways to buying books, usually based on where I am.

Bookstore
First, I keep an eye out for titles and/or authors that I've heard about or are familiar with.  With the extended book blogging/social networking, I have a lot of books stored in my memory and I use that in my initial scan of the shelves.  Then, I start looking at intriguing covers or interesting titles.  Once I find one that captures my attention, I look at the back cover and see if it seems worth buying.  This part is often repeated many times and I starting debating with myself about which books I'm going to buy.

Library
I do very similar things in the library that I do in a bookstore though with much less time spent agonizing over my choices.  I have a very bad habit of overloading on books when I go to the library and usually don't get to read all of them, but I just can't turn away from an interesting book.

Amazon
When buying e-books, I use price more than anything else to figure out which books I am buying.  I have bad impulse control when it comes to books that are less than three dollars.  Even if I'm not so sure about the book, I am more willing to give it a try if it is really cheap.  Plus all it does is take up space on my e-reader rather than taking up my space on my bookshelves.

4 comments:

  1. yes, less than $3 and i'll get it, even if i am only mildly interested in it. and i tend to get a lot of books from the library, too. i kind of think of it like shopping for free. and if i don't get to all the books, i can just return them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bad case of one-click-itis myself, that darned button will be the downfall of me :)

    Have a great Saturday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get a library card too. Anything on amazon that is free or under $5 that I am kind of interested in I get. It's crazy. I have so many books I want I feel like I'll never see the end.
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My post: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/15-day-blogger-challenge-day-6_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I also borrow more books from the library than I read. But I like to have options, and there is nothing wrong with that.

    I also buy ebooks often when they are under $3. And if they are under $2, I can't resist.

    I love the Gif. Is that from a movie? Do you know what one?

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.