Thursday, July 11, 2013

15 DAY BOOK BLOGGER CHALLENGE: Day 4

This is a fun challenge for book bloggers created and hosted by April at Good Books Good Wine.  

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

DAY 4: WHAT'S THE LAST BOOK YOU FLUNG ACROSS THE ROOM?

I had a hard time with this question...I don't actually remember getting so frustrated with a book that I threw it across the room.  But, I can think of a few that almost caused that type of reaction.  Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson just made me mad with the way that Annie was treated like an animal by everyone in the town.  Eden Burning by Elizabeth Lowell had the "hero" completely mistreating the heroine throughout the book and then having everything end up all hunky-dory because of magic "sex therapy."  The poor heroine never got the vindication I thought she deserved and it really disturbed me that this was considered to be romance.  I could also include the entire Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy though I didn't really find myself getting angry until the last book.



3 comments:

  1. Jennifer I'm not familiar with the books you mentioned above but the fact that the heroine was mistreated in the book by the hero and not the villain is terrible :(

    Day 3 & 4 Blogger Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Eden Burning - but man I hate reading books like that! When the hero is nothing but an asshat to the heroine the whole book, and she never says anything about it. I don't get why people would like that stuff! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an old romance novel I bought at a library book sale. I was glad to give the money to the library, but it was difficult to read.

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.