Monday, July 22, 2013

15 DAY BOOK BLOGGER CHALLENGE: Day 14

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

DAY 14: TELL US YOUR DEAL BREAKERS.

I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to books, but there are definitely things that will make me think twice about choosing one off the shelf.  Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to every rule with me though!

Cheating/Adultery
I usually will not pick up or enjoy a book where one member of an established couple cheats on the other and everything is forgiven.  For me, there is nothing romantic about someone going off, sleeping with another person, and coming back to their partner/lover/spouse while saying it helped me know what I really felt for you!  Blech!  It just makes me angry!

Uber-alpha Heroes
I love alpha heroes just as much as the next romance fan, but there are characters that go beyond my comfort zone.  Guys who are obsessive, controlling, and borderline abusive are not sexy to me and I usually choose not to read about them.

Static Characters
One of the things I like best about reading is watching certain characters change over the course of their story whether for the good or the bad.  I don't necessarily have to like these people, but I want there to be a reason why I'm reading about them and why I care about what happens to them.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your deal breakers. They pretty much cover mine too :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.