DAY 13: Describe one unappreciated book EVERYONE should read.
Another hard question, but one that was a lot of fun to think about. One of my favorite things about book blogging is recommending books to people that might have fallen through the cracks or, even better, finding them for myself. When I started thinking this day's post, one title kept coming to the forefront of my mind. The author is fairly well-known in her particularly genre, but I don't think gets the mainstream attention she deserves. This book was a random buy from a used bookstore and it was one of the best investments I've made for my shelf.
The universe isn’t what it used to be. With the new Alliance between the Triad and the United Coalition, Captain Tasha “Sass” Sebastian finds herself serving under her former nemesis, biocybe Admiral Branden Kel-Paten–and doing her best to hide a deadly past. But when an injured mercenary winds up in their ship’s sick bay–and in the hands of her best friend, Dr. Eden Fynn–Sass’s efforts may be wasted.
Wanted rebel Jace Serafino has information that could expose all of Sass’s secrets, tear the fragile Alliance apart–and end Sass’s career if Kel-Paten discovers them. But the biocybe has something to hide as well, something once thought impossible for his kind to possess: feelings . . . for Sass. Soon it’s clear that their prisoner could bring down everything they once believed was worth dying for–and everything they now have to live for.
WHY YOU SHOULD READ GAMES OF COMMAND:
- Unrequited love...on the part of the hero which is one of my favorite story lines in books.
- The hero is a bio-cyborg who feels like he isn't human enough for his heroine to ever look at him in that way. Plus he's a virgin!
- The heroine is a kick-ass space captain!
- There is a secondary romance between a doctor and a rebel that is almost as entertaining as the primary love story.
- Science fiction romance at its best...spaceships, aliens, fun technology, intrigue, everything is here!