Monday, July 8, 2013

15 DAY BOOK BLOGGER CHALLENGE: Day 1

This is a fun challenge for book bloggers created and hosted by April at Good Books Good Wine.  

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

For Day 1, we are being asked to make fifteen book-related confessions so here it goes!

1. I am notorious for being late returning library books.

2. I am a bit obsessed with series and reading books in proper series order.

3. I am very selective about who borrows my books to the point of being almost rude at times.

4. I used to dogear books that I owned, but have become much better about using bookmarks since January.

5. I love taking long baths and reading though my normal routine doesn't allow for that much leisure time.

6. I read and eat simultaneously all the time.  And, as clumsy as I am, I don't spill as much as you would think.

7. I used Spark Notes/Cliff Notes for most of my HS required reading.  I never liked being told what to read so this was my passive aggressive rebellion against it.

8. I love my e-reader, but if I read a great book on it, I have to buy a physical copy.  I am irrationally terrified that something will happen and I will lose all my e-books someday.

9. Even though I have almost one hundred unread books on my shelf, I can't stop myself from buying more.  I then feel really guilty for not reading books in a timely fashion.

10. I love checking out what people are reading.  I was at the beach last week and probably creeped some people out because I was trying to see what they were reading.

11. I almost always have to have a happy ending in my books.  There are rare occurrences where this isn't required, but very rare.
12. I love watching movies based on books and usually end up liking them.

13. I always think of theme songs that go along with the books that I read and am thinking about doing a regular feature on that.

14. I usually read between three and five books at a time: at least one physical book, one e-book, and one audiobook simultaneously.

15. I am passionate about the genres that I love and have no problem discussing their merits with others even if they don't always agree with me.


10 comments:

  1. I just renewed one of my library books the other day :D I am relieved that my library sends emails a couple days in advance since otherwise I would never remember. I was actually shocked it was due already, I swear I just checked that one out last week... and by week I mean month >.>

    I totally understand the ebook fear. I actually just don't trust Amazon not to take my books :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I end up with so many late books! Also, I have a bad habit of checking out more books than I could possibly read in the time limit. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I can be bad at returning library books on time too, haha.

    E-books do seem to be a bit precarious don't they? I mean, you could just delete them accidentally somehow and if you don't have them backed up, welp what are you gonna do??

    Love the name of your blog, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I am totally guilty of creeping on what other people are reading. And even though I am at the library every day -- I work there -- I still forget to return my books on time occasionally!

    glad to have found your blog -- feminism and fairy tales are two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work in a library too so it is really embarrassing that I forget to return books. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I also love to eat while I read, there is no greater pleasure. I have always liked paperback more than Ebooks. But e books are great when you are traveling though. Love the list here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn straight happy endings! I'm with you all the way on that one. I will read some books that don't have happy endings, but it's rare.

    I used to dogear library books. Shame on me. I don't anymore though. And I'm the same way with wanting to own physical copies of books I love, even if I have the ebook.

    Oh, and I am a book creeper, too, always checking out what people are reading. I can't help myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know there are others who are book creepers like me. I'm sure it is really annoying, but oh well!

      Delete
  6. I also creep on people to see what they are reading, like Quinn I can't not look.

    Hahaha, I am also in the overdue library fine club as well. I mean, I always pay it with a smile but still I never remember to take things back on time.

    Also! I just moved into an apartment with a bathtub from one that only had a shower, so your confession about reading in the tub is making me want to draw a hot bath right this second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a long day, there is nothing I love more than a hot bath and good book so I highly recommend it. Yeah for more members the overdue book club! Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.