Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (8) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (64)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...

With This Kiss: Part One
Novella that takes place after The Ugly Duchess and Seduced by a Pirate.  It focuses on the romance between Lady Grace Ryburn (James and Daisy's daughter) and Colin Barry (Griffin and Phoebe's son).

Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy, #4.5)
Mythos Academy novella written in Logan's pov.


Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
#8 in the In Death series.  This mystery features a serial killer who is targeting the homeless population of Manhattan.

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
Onyx (Lux, #2)
#2 in the Lux series. Love the development of this world and the characters especially Daemon.

Glitterland
Fascinating male/male romance with a clinically depressed writer and an aspiring model.

My Bluegrass Baby
Hilarious contemporary romance set in my home state of Kentucky!

Seduced by a Pirate (Fairy Tales, #4.5)
Novella that takes place simultaneously as James's The Ugly Duchess and features Sir Griffin Barry.

WHAT I'M READING NEXT...
Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)
Steampunk with vampires and werewolves that I keep meaning to read, but always forget about.

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Ready to read this YA dystopia to prepare for the publication of the conclusion in October.

Opal (Lux, #3)
More Daemon and Katy!


****************************************************************************



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting.

Out of Play
OUT OF PLAY
by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry

Expected Publication: August 6, 2013
Young Adult -- Contemporary Romance
Entangled Teen

Pitched as Gayle Foreman's
Where She Went meets Miranda Kenneally's Catching Jordan, a self-absorbed eighteen year old rock star is sent to Alaska to get himself together after a drug overdose, but the cute hockey player and her grandfather who live next door challenges him to think beyond the baggie of pills he's still sneaking.

Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
DUKE OF MIDNIGHT
(Maiden Lane #6)
by Elizabeth Hoyt

Expected Publication: October 15, 2013
Historical Romance
Grand Central Publishing 

WHEN A MASKED MAN . . .

Twenty years ago Maximus Batten witnessed the brutal murders of his parents. Now the autocratic Duke of Wakefield, he spends his days ruling Parliament. But by night, disguised as the Ghost of St. Giles, he prowls the grim alleys of St. Giles, ever on the hunt for the murderer. One night he finds a fiery woman who meets him toe-to-toe-and won't back down . . .

MEETS HIS MATCH . . .

Artemis Greaves toils as a lady's companion, but hiding beneath the plain brown serge of her dress is the heart of a huntress. When the Ghost of St. Giles rescues her from footpads, she recognizes a kindred spirit-and is intrigued. She's even more intrigued when she realizes who exactly the notorious Ghost is by day . . .

DESIRE IGNITES A DANGEROUS PASSION

Artemis makes a bold move: she demands that Maximus use his influence to free her imprisoned brother-or she will expose him as the Ghost. But blackmailing a powerful duke isn't without risks. Now that she has the tiger by the tail, can she withstand his ire-or the temptation of his embrace?

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh Out of Play sounds fantastic! :) And I haven't even started reading Divergent yet, but I will soon. I already have it and Insurgent. I'm just reading a few other books that I have to review. :) Here's my WOW for this week.


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hoyt book looks good. I suppose I ought to give the Divergent series a try one of these days, and Armentrout, too.

    I'm not participating in WOW or WWW Wednesdays, but coincidentally, I posted an In the Dragon’s Eye today (books I want to add to the hoard)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent is still sitting on my shelf unread... perhaps I'll get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome choices. Love the Lux series.

    http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/www-wednesdays-june-26/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read the Luz series, it's definitely on my TBR list...if I can just find the time! I've got With This Kiss on my kindle...again, when I have time! lol
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, yay, yay for the Lux series!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.