Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WWW WEDNESDAYS (7) and WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (63)


Hosted by Should Be Reading.

To participate in this feature, you just have answer these three simple questions:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?

CURRENTLY READING...
The Seduction of Elliot McBride (Highland Pleasures, #5)
The most recent release in the wonderful Highland Pleasures series.

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Second in the Lux series.  Katy and Daemon are just so much fun to read about.

My Bluegrass Baby
Another of my favorite author's newest contemporary romance set in my home state of Kentucky!

RECENTLY FINISHED READING...
Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
Truly epic installment in the Psy Changeling series.  Review coming soon.

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales, #4)
Interesting retelling of the Ugly Duckling fairy tale with two wonderful main characters.  Review coming soon.l

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
Fascinating urban fantasy audiobook with an assassin heroine.  Review coming soon.

If It Fornicates (Market Garden #4)
Part of the Market Garden series.  Intriguing romance between a rent boy and a lawyer.

WHAT I'M READING NEXT...
Spartan Frost
Mythos Academy novella told in Logan Quinn's point of view!

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)
Another Molly Harper audiobook...I'm obsessed, I know.

Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5)
Another fairy tale retelling of Ms. James...this time it's Rapunzel's turn!

****************************************************************************



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 













It Takes Two to Tangle (The Matchmaker Trilogy, #1)

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE
(Matchmaker Trilogy #1)
by Theresa Romain

Expected Publication: September 3, 2013
Historical Romance

Though he lost the use of an arm in the Napoleonic Wars, Henry Middlebrook returns to London society and begins an ambitious courtship of the ton's reigning beauty. When he experiences limited success, he decides to ask for assistance from the beauty's companion, Frances Whittier.

A soldier's widow with a murky past, Frances admires Henry's courage and sends him a secret letter. He thinks the letter is from her mistress, and Frances must correct his mistake if she wants to engage his heart.


*************************

Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)

UNCHAINED
(Nephilim Rising #1)
by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)

Expected Publication: September 17, 2013
Urban Fantasy

Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just...wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm.  The fact that she and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary, but she can't shake her not-so-angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy.

Her forbidden relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion when a traitor is discovered to be working within the Sanctuary. Lily quickly finds herself hunted by well, everyone.  Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything--and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her...and not destroy her.

Yeah, being a Nephilim isn't everything it's cracked up to be.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get started on some adult paranormal books, but I'm too scared to leave my safety zone of young adult! Unchained sounds fantastic though, so I may give it a try at some point!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so many great reads. I loved the Ugly Duchess. I love the dress for Theresa Romain's book. Hope you are enjoyed Ashley's book. I have really loved that series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection! I haven't heard of any of these but some look really good :)

    Here's my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-the-chaos-of-stars/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Jennifer Ashley's highlnder books, hope you're enjoying it! I have Once Upon a Tower on my kindle, I can't wait to read it!! Enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.