Sunday, June 9, 2013

WEEKLY RECAP: June 3-9, 2013

I have been on the hunt for a great way to recap my week and figured that I would try this one out.  It is partially inspired by Clock Rewinders, an awesome feature created by Amanda at On a Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books.   Check out their posts every week!

THIS WEEK ON FEMINIST FAIRY TALE REVIEWS

MY READING UPDATE

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith -- Sweet summer romance between a small town girls and a teenage movie star.  You can find my four-star review at the link above.

A Woman Entangled by Cecilia Grant -- Another unique historical romance from one of my new favorite authors!  I loved the barrister hero and the realistic way Ms. Grant depicted his reaction to his brother's scandalous marriage.  The heroine got on my nerves for most of the book.  Full review coming this week.

Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding by Marie Sexton -- Lovely sequel to one of my favorite male/male romances, Strawberries for Dessert.  It was wonderful to revisit Jon and Cole and see them try to become parents.  Tons of emotions which is par for the course for a Marie Sexton book.  Full review coming this week.

After Math (Off the Subject #1) by Denise Grover Swank -- Very sweet college-set love story. The opposites attract plot line was intriguing and I liked the mixture of math and soccer. The heroine did get a bit whiny at the end and the hero was too secretive at times. I wish the ending hadn't been so rushed, but I'm looking forward to the sequel. Full review coming soon.

BOOKISH DEALS OF THE WEEK

A Blood Seduction (Vamp City, #1) Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) The Other Side of Us The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy, #1) A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
Blood Seduction (Vamp City #1) by Pamela Palmer [Urban Fantasy] (FREE

Marked (Eternal Guardians #1) by Elisabeth Naughton [Paranormal Romance] (FREE)

The Other Side of Us by Sarah Mayberry [Contemporary Romance] (FREE)

The Rock Star's Daughter by Caitlyn Duffy [YA Contemporary] (FREE)

A Week To Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2) by Tessa Dare [Historical Romance] ($0.89)

An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses, #2) Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5) Brazen Angel In Bed With the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1) A Rogue for All Seasons (Weston #3)

An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses #2) by Eloisa James [Historical Romance] ($0.99)

Married to the Viscount by Sabrina Jeffries [Historical Romance] ($1.99)

The Brazen Trilogy: Boxed Set by Elizabeth Boyle [Historical Romance] ($2.99)

In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James #1) by Lorraine Heath [Historical Romance] ($2.99)

A Rogue for All Seasons by Sara Lindsey [Historical Romance] ($3.99)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the free and discounted books1!! :)

    Thanks,
    Theresa Jones

    Also, feel free to stop by my blog to enter my $100 Blogoversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read Sara Lindsey. I really love Married to a Viscount--Jeffries has always been a personal favorite, she was one of the first authors that made me fall in love with historical romance. I really wanted to read Naughtons series, I read Bound and loved it, so I need to get Marked especially at such a great price. Thanks for sharing all of these, I will get a few of them tonight. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.