Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books On My Summer TBR List


Hosted by the ladies at The Broke and Bookish.

TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY SUMMER TBR LIST

Summer Releases
MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13) The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2) Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5) The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10) Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)

1. MacRieve (Immortals After Dark #13) by Kresley ColeI love the creativity involved in this paranormal series and Cole's sexy Lykae are so much fun to read about! It seems like it has been forever since we got an IAD book and I'm eager to see how things are shaping up before the Ascension.

2. The Heiress Effect (The Brothers Sinister #2) by Courtney MilanI adore Milan's unconventional characters and am excited to read this book with the illegitimate son of a duke trying to improve the lives of the common people of England and a woman doing everything in her power to avoid marriage.

3. Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5) by Jennifer EstepThings really took a surprising turn in the last Mythos Academy book and I'm anxious to see what happens to gypsy Gwen Frost and her friends next.

4. The Darkest Craving (Lords of the Underworld #10) by Gena ShowalterWe finally get to see Kane, keeper of the demon Disaster, get his own story! Last time we saw him, he was being tortured in the lowest levels of Hell and I want to see how he gets out of that mess.

5. Styxx (Dark Hunters #23) by Sherrilyn KenyonThis isn't as much of an auto-buy series as it used to be for me, but I am pumped to see Acheron's brother get his own story. One thing SK specializes in is portraying different sides of the same story and I'm sure this book will be a doozy.

Already on the TBR Shelf
Iced (Dani O'Malley #1) (Fever #6) Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) Insurgent (Divergent, #2) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

6. Iced (Fever #6; Fever World #1) by Karen Marie MoningI bought this book soon after it was released, but have been impatiently waiting until I go on vacation to read it.

7. Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed #9) by Lara AdrianI need to get caught up on this fascinating vampire series and I plan on doing that this summer.

8. Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone ElkelesI love this YA contemporary series and I have been putting off this book because I don't want it to end.

9. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica RothI have had this book for over a year, but have been waiting until closer to the release date of Allegiant to get fully immersed in this world again.

10. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie KagawaI love Kagawa's Iron Fey series and I keep meaning to read her dystopian vampire books too.

13 comments:

  1. I totally want to read MacRieve too! Can't wait!! :D
    -Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! MacRieve is on my list as well! But I had forgotten about Styxx :( I've already read (and loved!!) The Immortal Rules, Insurgent, Chain Reaction and Iced. I hope you'll enjoy all of your summer TBR's.

    Here's my TTT post for this week.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Immortal Rules and Insurgent were both awesome! I hope you enjoy all these books! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started Midnight Frost. So far, so good.

    Great list!

    Ems
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Insurgent was great, I loved it! I hope you do too.
    Kagawa's books were not so much imo.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know people had some issues with Insurgent, but I really liked it. I just read Perfect Chemistry a few months ago and loved it! Definitely plan on reading the rest of the series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited for Macrieve too. And I just love Showalter but I need to catch up on that series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read The Immortal too. I've had it forever, and I'm mad that I haven't read it yet. I loved Insurgent, so I hope you enjoy it too! Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Kresley Cole's paranormal books- I will have to check out MacRieve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list, I really like the way you've split it. I really enjoyed Insurgent and The Immortal Rules, so I hope you do too and you manage to complete your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I need to read Insurgent as well! Divergent wasn't as amazing as I hoped so it keeps getting put off! Great list :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Fuentes Brother book, I can't even look at the other covers now, lol. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! Several of these I want to read already and a few new ones to add to my TBR. :)
    Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my post from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.