Tuesday, June 11, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Beach Reads


Hosted by the ladies at The Broke and Bookish.

TOP TEN BEACH READS

Anna and the French Kiss Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) Bet Me Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins -- Cute and fun teen romance set in Paris...perfect book to check out on vacation!

2. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips -- Most of SEP's contemporaries could work for this list, but I'm partial to her love story between a matchmaker and a sports agent.

3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie -- Another fun contemporary romance with two dynamite characters and plenty of humor.

4. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper -- For beachgoers who love their vampires!  Librarian Jane's narrations are perfect company while hanging out in the sun.

5. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn -- My favorite historical romance.  The back-and-forth banter with Kate and Anthony is to die for especially the infamous Pall Mall sequence.


The Devil Wears Prada The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat My Life Next Door Epic Fail

6. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger -- Even better than the movie (which is still fabulous).  Fashion and bitchy bosses...great light read for vacation.

7. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig -- Fun and intriguing mix of contemporary chick lit and historical fiction.  Very reminiscent of The Scarlet Pimpernel.

8. Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot -- The beginning of the hilarious Heather Wells series which features a former teen rock star turned college dorm manager.

9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick -- Just a sweet, summer romance between two next door neighbors.

10. Epic Fail by Claire LaZepnik -- Cute high school retelling of Pride and Prejudice.  Nothing ground-breaking, but a lot of fun to read.

10 comments:

  1. I've got to read My Life Next Door!! I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love the devil wears Prada:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't think to put Anna on my list today! I've read most of your choices and I have to say that they are perfect beach reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna and My Life Next Door both made my list, too. I love the Heather Wells series! I'm so happy she is writing new books for it finally. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why haven't I read Size 12 Is Not Fat? Sounds like a great book!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Totally agree with Anna and the French Kiss, My Life Next Door, Size 12 is Not Fat, and The Devil Wears Prada. I will have to check the others out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also put Anna and the French kiss on mine, it's the perfect book for the beach. My Life Next Door is a great book for the beach! I can't believe I forgot about it when I was making my list.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a book of The Devil Wears Prada?! Whaaaaaaaat! Must get. Now.
    You have an AWESOME list (the Meg Cabot books sound fantastic)!
    My TTT
    Esty @ Boarding with Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Sigh* I still need to read Ann and the French Kiss. I am SOOOO behind! :)
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Anna and the French Kiss ad Epic Fail!!!! And I really really need to read My Life Next Door!! It looks so cute!!! Great list!!!!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.