Tuesday, June 11, 2013
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Beach Reads
Hosted by the ladies at The Broke and Bookish.
TOP TEN BEACH READS
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins -- Cute and fun teen romance set in Paris...perfect book to check out on vacation!
2. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips -- Most of SEP's contemporaries could work for this list, but I'm partial to her love story between a matchmaker and a sports agent.
3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie -- Another fun contemporary romance with two dynamite characters and plenty of humor.
4. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper -- For beachgoers who love their vampires! Librarian Jane's narrations are perfect company while hanging out in the sun.
5. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn -- My favorite historical romance. The back-and-forth banter with Kate and Anthony is to die for especially the infamous Pall Mall sequence.
6. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger -- Even better than the movie (which is still fabulous). Fashion and bitchy bosses...great light read for vacation.
7. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig -- Fun and intriguing mix of contemporary chick lit and historical fiction. Very reminiscent of The Scarlet Pimpernel.
8. Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot -- The beginning of the hilarious Heather Wells series which features a former teen rock star turned college dorm manager.
9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick -- Just a sweet, summer romance between two next door neighbors.
10. Epic Fail by Claire LaZepnik -- Cute high school retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Nothing ground-breaking, but a lot of fun to read.