Friday, June 14, 2013

FOLLOW FRIDAY (74)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
The Book Stop
Phantasmic Reads
 
Q: Activity!  Spine poetry: create a line of poetry with your book spines.  Take a picture!  Not feeling creative?  Tell us about your favorite poem.




This was fun, but a lot harder than I thought!  This was the best one I could come up:

Thief of Shadows
Beauty in Black
A Hunger Like No Other
Lover At Last 

I've never been a big fan of poetry, but I've always loved the works of Emily Dickinson.  Some of her stuff is pretty melancholy though my absolute favorite has to do with books!  Here it is (from Wikisource):

XXI. 
A BOOK.

He ate and drank the precious words,
His spirit grew robust;
He knew no more that he was poor,
Nor that his frame was dust.
He danced along the dingy days,
And this bequest of wings
Was but a book. What liberty
A loosened spirit brings!
 


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

10 comments:

  1. Nice poem! I has a good flow:)

    Old follower.

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty poem. I'm having a lot of fun reading the spine poetry everyone's making. New follower here via Bloglovin! :)

    Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spine-poem :) Very well done! And Emily Dickinson can never go wrong.

    Here's my FF post for this week.

    Happy reading, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this was awesome :)
    New follower. Have a magical weekend!
    Here's my FF: Maria@Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so simple and amazing! New follower!
    check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving reading everyone's poems! It's just brilliant.

    Followed you on Bloglovin' :) Here's my FF

    - Allie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great! I reads really well and has a really good story with few words. It makes me think that she stole someone's heart. Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm loving this week's FF! This is the only time that I've made an effort to go and visit ALL of the participants' blogs because I'm so loving reading everyone's poems!!

    You can find my poem here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower via bloglovin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way the poem turned out. Nice job. New bloglovin follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.