Friday, June 21, 2013

FEATURE AND FOLLOW FRIDAY (75)

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Tsuki's Books
Rotten Apple Reads
 
Q:  Share your favorite literary quote.


I love hunting down funny, inspirational, and just interesting quotes so I might go a bit overboard this week...please forgive me.

Favorite Quotes About Books/Reading: 

*The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read. –Mark Twain

*A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest. –C.S. Lewis

*For me, the hero’s journey is not the voyage from weakness to strength. The true hero’s journey is the voyage from strength to weakness. –John Green 

*The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame. –Oscar Wilde

*Write the kind of story you would like to read. People will give you all sorts of advice about writing, but if you are not writing something you like, no one else will like it either. –Meg Cabot

*Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished, just to stay near it. –Markus Zusak, The Book Thief 
Favorite Quotes From Books:

*Don't think or judge, just listen. –Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

*Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain. --Sherrilyn Kenyon, Acheron

*Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken. --Lisa Kleypas, Sugar Daddy

*We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are. –JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

*A woman puts on a new dress, eyeliner, lip gloss to please others. A woman paints her toes to please herself. –Molly Harper, Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs

*You have to live each hour as if it's your last and each day as if you were immortal. –Julia Quinn, The Viscount Who Loved Me

*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: Bloglovin', LinkyFollowers, , Twitter, Goodreads, or email.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

8 comments:

  1. Everybody seems to like to quote from Harry Potter a lot! But I wouldn't blame them! All you have to do is just open up a Harry Potter book and you can find a quote easily!(:
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used two different categories of quotes - and you choose some great ones! :)

    FF - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the HP quote! I came so close to putting a HP one this week and I didn't! Sigh. Next time!

    new Bloglovin' follower

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote from The Viscount Who Loved Me! So sweet!!
    I'm an old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great quotes! The first two are my favorites of the ones you posted. Excellent choices. Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Harry Potter and Lisa Kleypas quotes...Love it!!!

    News bloglovin follower :)

    http://thereadingrealmblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love quoting Oscar Wilde too. He was so wise. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've read any of the books mentioned, but I like the quotes. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.